✧ ˚ 29 · twenty-nine .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Despite it being the weekend, Ava found herself wide awake at an early hour. She had already donned a pair of comfortable sweats, holding two mugs of coffee and a plastic box of pastries. She couldn't help but wish she could use her powers to carry them, especially since she was perilously close to spilling coffee all over her expensive sweatshirt.

Upon reaching Wanda's floor, Ava could hear the subtle sounds of Wanda bustling around, likely packing her bag last-minute. Glancing around to ensure no one was in sight, Ava's grin widened mischievously. With a quick summoning of her powers, she conjured a gentle wave of energy to lift the breakfast items, sparing her sweatshirt from any potential coffee spills. She then extended her hand towards the door, using her powers to open it with a simple wave of her hand.

"Rise and shine!" Ava's voice carried a cheerful melody as she entered the room. "Steve's out there with Nat and Sam, getting the quinjet ready. We've got a precious ten-minute breakfast window – you'll need your energy, and I know pre-mission jitters can make eating a challenge. So, here you go. Let's dig in!"

A warm smile curved across Wanda's lips as she spotted Ava by the doorway. "Appreciate it, little Stark." With a gentle touch, she opened the plastic box, selecting one of the pastries. Meanwhile, Ava skilfully guided a mug of coffee closer to her.

With a contented sigh, Wanda took a bite of the pastry, savouring the flavours as they danced across her taste buds. The simple act of indulging in breakfast felt like a comforting anchor amidst the whirlwind of preparations and emotions.

Ava leaned against the doorway, her gaze fixed on Wanda with a mixture of concern and genuine affection. "You feeling alright? I mean, with the mission and everything."

Wanda's eyes met Ava's, gratitude evident in her expression. "I'll be honest, I'm a bundle of nerves right now. But having you here, bringing me breakfast... it means more than you know."

Ava's smile widened, a touch of pride in her eyes. "Well, I couldn't let you go on an empty stomach, especially when you're about to go kick some villain butt."

Wanda chuckled softly, a hint of amusement in her tone. "Is that what I'm doing? Kicking villain butt?"

Ava's grin turned mischievous. "Hey, you're an Avenger. It's in the job description."

Their shared laughter created a brief bubble of lightness, a break from the weight of the impending mission. Wanda took a thoughtful sip of the coffee, its warmth seeping through her body and adding to the comfort Ava's presence provided.

Ava's expression grew more serious, her voice carrying a touch of sincerity. "Just remember, you're strong, Wanda. Not just because of your powers, but because of who you are."

Wanda's gaze held a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability. "It's still hard sometimes, you know? I've come a long way from where I was, but the doubts... they linger."

Ava's hand found its way to Wanda's shoulder, offering a reassuring squeeze. "We all have our doubts, even the most experienced heroes. But you're a force to be reckoned with, Wanda."

Wanda's smile returned, a spark of determination in her eyes. "Thank you, Ava. Your words mean more than you know."

Ava shrugged playfully. "Well, I've got a knack for saying the right things when I want to."

As the clock ticked away, the quinjet's departure time drew nearer, reminding them of the reality that awaited. Wanda finished her pastry and took another sip of the coffee, her mind and heart steadier than before. "I guess I should go join the team outside."