Iracabeth/ Red Queen

Word count 488
⚠️Trigger warning talk of death⚠️
Y/n wandered through the halls of the red Queens palace. She knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help but stop in front of the Queens' bedroom when she heard light sobs coming from inside. Y/n knocked. She knew it could get her killed, but she couldn't just stand there. "GO AWAY, MIRANA!" Y/n heard the queen shout from inside.
"It's not mirana," y/n said, bracing herself to get yelled at, but instead, she heard the door open, and she was quickly pulled inside. Y/n looked over at the queen whose blue eye makeup and red lips were smudged and smeared. "How about you come with me, and I'll help you remove your smeared makeup, and you can tell me what's wrong?" Y/n asked, not thinking. Y/n had always been the Queens' favorite since she had been there the longest, but even y/n was pushing her luck by saying that. Y/n expected to get yelled at but instead was met with a nod and sniffle from the queen.
Y/n led her to the bathroom that was connected to the room and had her sit down on the edge of the tub. Y/n gently used a makeup wipe to remove the Queens' makeup. A couple of minuets and makeup wipes later, the queen had no makeup on her face. Y/n took her over to the couch in her room and sat down next to her. Y/n put her arm around the queen, and the queen instantly started sobbing again. Y/n let her cry for a bit, then she asked her, " Could you tell me what's wrong, I might be able to help." Iracabeth nodded her head slowly
" i- I saw the knave of hearts try and kiss Alice," she sniffle again and tried to explain while tears lay threatening to fall from her eyes. Y/n rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. Iracabeth eventually lay her head down on y/n's lap. Y/n sat there playing with her hair until she realized that the queen had fallen asleep on her. Y/n understood the rule that if someone or something you cared about fell asleep on you, you couldn't move, so you didn't wake them up. Y/n slowly fell asleep with her.
Y/n woke before Iracabeth the next day. She picked up the book that she had brought while wandering around. Y/n gently stroked her head as she read. Iracabeth slowly woke up and noticed that y/n had not left her. She sat up and hugged y/n tight. "Oh, are you alright, racie?" Y/n asked concerned since she was being hugged by the woman that had beheaded half the kingdom.
"Yea, it's just that you didn't leave me. Everyone always leaves me," the queen said, still hugging y/n. "I'll never leave you racie, I promise."