Joan Potter

------------------------y/n's pov------------------------
I was absolutely exhausted on the way home. I had a 4am start since I had to get out of work early to drive to college for a class at noon. I got an 8 hour shift before school. Now I'm driving home at 5 pm and I'm ready to go to sleep. When I walk in the door, I hear a soft grunting noise. "Oh god, no, my husband isn't cheating on me, is he," I thought to myself as I walked into the kitchen. As I went into the kitchen, I saw a small woman on her hands and knees scrubbing under the sink. "Not to be rude, but what in the bloody hell is going on here!" As I shout, the small lady jumps and bangs her head since she's in a cabinet scrubbing."goddammit!" She shouted as her head slammed. "I was hired by a uh," she rubs her head where she slammed it as she thinks. "I was hired by a guy named Brian heeler." "Oh yes that's my husband but uh he didn't tell be he was hiring you," I said as I took notice of how her dress was rising up, she seemed to notice too as she quickly pulled it down. "Oh, um, he must have forgotten," blush spread across the cleaners face. "I'm Joan, by the way, Joan Potter." She reaches out her hand. "I'm y/n y/n y/ln," I say as I shake her hand. "Well I'm just about finished here, the uh sink and kitchen are all clean, I do the living room the next day, bathrooms after that , then bedrooms, then the cycle repeats until I'm fired," she giggles to herself. I smiled and nodded at her. "Would uh... would you like a ride home?" I asked her, hoping that she would say yes. She thought for a minute and said "ok as long as it isn't any trouble," she said, looking into my eyes. "I swear I could get lost in her eyes, and the way her dress rested on her body perfectly, wait a second... am I falling for her? No, I can't be, could i?" I kept thinking about this whole conversation playing it over in my head. I didn't realize that I hadn't responded to Joan. "Hello y/n? Are you ok?" Joan asked since I was staring off into space. I snapped out of my trance. "Oh yes, yes, I'm perfectly fine, you ready?" Joan nods, and we head out to the car. Once we're in the car, I start driving, "What's  the address hun?" I ask her as we drive "Oh oh yes, um, it's 159 crow street," Joan says as she looks down into her lap, I think I can see blush spread across her face. I smile to myself. Maybe she feels the same way about me as I feel about her.
-------time skip till we're at her house------
"Ok, we're here hun", I say, knowing it will get a rise out of her. She looks up at me, and I can see the blush on her cheeks. They are almost Scarlett. "I uh, thank you for uh driving me," Joan says as she leans in. "Oh my God, she's gonna kiss me," I thought as she leaned in. My heart was racing, I couldn't move, I was so anxious. Joan pulled back "Oh uh sorry, I just thought you... nevermind," Joan said, looking disappointed as she turned away to leave the car. "JOAN WAIT!" I shouted and grabbed her arm. She whipped around and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I got out of the car and ran to her. I put my arms around her waist and pulled her in close. Joan leaned in the rest of the way and kissed me. We kissed for what felt like minutes and seconds at the same time, but when we pulled apart, there was her husband, standing big and mean in the doorway, obviously drunk. "Why you scheming bitch!" He shouted and ran at her. I jumped in the car and pulled her in. We locked the door and drove. We drove to the woods and then we just stopped. I stopped the car and we sat there. I put my arm around Joan "its gonna be alright, it's all gonna be alright."