luv triangle kinda...

I was just rejected by my crush of 10 months, so I hope this makes your day better than mine.

Made this one nice and log for y'all .3. 

------------

Will was waiting for his sister, El, to walk into their math class. It was the first day and she was supposed to be sitting by him. He checked the clock, the bell was about to ring and the number of available seats were becoming smaller. There were two, the one beside him that he planned for El to use since it was a shared desk situation, and the other was sitting and one on the other side of the room. He saw a person sit down next to him and went to look up and see El, but it wasn't her. 

It was someone else. The boy looked mad and straight ahead. His hair was perfectly curly and his jawline was very prominent. Will stared for a second too long and the boy was looking at him. His frown quickly turned into a smile when he saw Will, "Sorry, is this seat okay?" He asked. 

"Uh- yes! Yes that's fine." Will returned his smile. 

"I'm Mike by the way." He said reaching into his bag and grabbing a notebook. 

"Will." He introduced himself. The bell rang and El was still nowhere to be found. Students began quieting themselves, the topic of summer still fresh on their minds as they shared their vacation stories. The math teacher stepped out from behind his desk, he was a bigger man. He had a big beard which was black like his short hair. Hippie was the word Will would have used to describe him. "My name is Mr. Bailey, I'll be teaching you all geometry this year! But I won't make you work on the first day, let's get to know each other!" He sat on his desk, Will already knew he liked him a lot. 

Mr. Bailey talked about his wife and kids, he also talked about the family of squirrels he was raising at the moment, he passed out a picture of his wife bottle feeding a baby squirrel, then he took his time talking about his own summer and childhood. 

Will was intrigued to say the least. He enjoyed listening to the expressive man talk with much confidence. He strided down the isles of  students, he talked with his hands, he laughed at his own jokes even if no one else did. He was witty. 

"And then, my mom told me- Ah, yes you must be..." Mr. Bailey turned to his desk and scanned the attendance paper, "El, is it?" 

"Yes!" El said, she looked right at Will and tried to communicate with her eyes, why was someone in her seat, why didn't Will save her a seat? Will gave her an apologetic look, "Sorry I got lost in the hallways." El explained and took a seat next to a ginger on the opposite side of the room. 

"Perfectly fine." he said, "I understand you and your brother Will are new here?"  He asked, looking to Will then back to her. El nodded, "Where are you guys from?" He asked her. Will could see even from far away that she was nervous, shy, she didn't want to talk, so he stepped in. 

"Uh- We're from California, right by LA." He explained. Mr. Bailey now looked at Will. 

"Why did you move here of all places?" He asked Will. 

"Our dad got a job here." Will said, Mr. Bailey seemed satisfied with the answer, he got back on subject of talking about himself. 

"California, huh?" A voice next to Will said, He knew it was Mike. Who else could it be?

"Yeah, lived there my whole life." Will said. 

"Cool." Mike smiled at him and Will returned it once again. 

After that hour, El met up with Will in the hallway. "Dude, you were late!" Will said through his clenched teeth, El had been nagging him about not saving him a seat.