Chapter 11: Gwen C

Jo's POV:

"Do you think it's really her?" Kat said when I showed her and Lara the mysterious message I'd received the night before.
"She's got some front if it is!" Lara said sharply.
"Should I reply?" I asked.
"Hmm there's no photo so check out the rest of her profile first" Kat said. I tapped on her name but there wasn't much else to go on.

Name: Gwen C
Location: London, UK

"That's it?!" Lara said.
"I know, it's not much to go on but my gut feeling is telling me it is her" I said truthfully. It couldn't just be a coincidence.
"You want to reply don't you?" Kat said, seeing right through me as usual.
"Is it bad that I do?"
"Yes!" Lara said at the same time Kat said "No!" They looked at each other confused.
"Why should she answer her after the way she treated her?!" Lara argued with Kat.
"I'm not saying they should get married or anything! But you saw how besotted Jo was, it's only natural she'd want to reconnect with her now she's reached out" Kat argued back.
Lara sulked knowing Kat had a valid point. She sighed in defeat and rolled her eyes.
"I just don't want to see you get hurt again" Lara said in a calmer voice.
"Me neither. But if she's realised she was wrong maybe you should hear her out, then you can both move on properly" Kat suggested.
I sat there for a few moments trying to decide which of my friends was right. I didn't want to get hurt again either but I needed to hear what she had to say.
"OK, what should I reply with?"
"Keep it casual but ask her something only the real Gwendoline Christie would know...and no kisses at the end!" Lara said.

So I typed:

J: Hi Gwen. I'm OK thanks, how are you? How's the show going?

"There. I've sent it" I exhaled feeling relieved that the ball was in her court now, "I doubt she'll even-"
Suddenly my phone pinged on the table and I grabbed it, "oh my god she's replied already!"
"Christ that was fast!" Lara exclaimed.

G: The show is doing really well thanks. We're going on tour soon and we'll be up North for a while. Perhaps we could meet up for a drink? I'd love to see you again. X

"It's definitely her" I said as the penny dropped and I showed the message to the others.
"What are you going to do?" Kat said.
"It's your decision Jo but once you've made it there's no going back" Lara warned. There was a long pause as my heart and head battled to decide.

J: I'd like that, but only if you're sure.
G: I am darling. I owe you an explanation. X