Episode8

Matt and Caroline were not accustomed to surprises. Especially not ones like what was happening to them now. Matt's mother Kelly had vanished for years, leaving him alone with his dad, who had passed away a year ago.
"Matty, I'm back," she said, a smile as wide as her face. "And I'm staying at the Mystic Grill." There was a certain energy that radiated from around her, and Caroline could almost sense it too.
Over at Stefan and Elena's place, things weren't much better. Damon had started brooding more than usual, and they both sensed there must have been something deeper going on.
"What's up Damon?" asked Elena. "You're always so quiet these days."
Damon turned round slowly to face them. "Nothing new," he said flatly. It was clear that something else was distorting his being.
Sheriff Forbes herself wasn't immune to surprises either - especially when she met up with Alaric the other day.
"Alaric, you stunned me yesterday," she said angrily.
He knew exactly what she was talking about - the jaw-dropping secrets he had revealed about his past that left Sheriff Forbes wide-eyed in shock for hours after their meeting.
As if this wasn't enough weirdness for one day Jenna came by accompanied by Stefan: "Elena we think we found some information about your birth mother," Jenna said excitedly.
Monyi couldn't help but giggle at the sheer absurdity of all of this tonights call with her werewolf pack would be an interesting one...

Damon: "Anna, what brings you here?"
Anna: "I came to introduce you to someone."
Damon: "And who might that be?"
Anna: "This is Monyi, she's a tribrid."
Damon: "Well, well, well. I've never met one of your kind before. How do you do, Monyi?"
Monyi: "I'm doing fine, thank you."
Damon: "So tell me, what brings a tribrid to my doorstep?"
Monyi: "I've come looking for guidance. I need help controlling my powers."
Damon: "And why should I help you?"
Anna: "Because it's the right thing to do. And besides, don't forget what we owe each other."
Damon sighs and leans back in his chair.
Damon: "Fine. I'll help you. But on one condition - you stay out of trouble and keep a low profile."
Monyi nods her head in agreement.
Meanwhile, on their double date...
Stefan: "So Matt, what do you like to do for fun?"
Matt: "I'm really into sports. Watching and playing them."
Stefan: "Oh wow, me too! Do you have a favorite team?"
Matt and Stefan spend the rest of the night bonding over their love for sports while Caroline and Elena look on with amusement.
Later on...
Anna: "Jeremy, we need to talk."
Jeremy looks up from his book.
Jeremy: "What's up?"
Anna takes a deep breath before speaking.
Anna: "I think we need to take a break."
Jeremy's face falls.
Jeremy: "Why? What did I do wrong? Is there someone else?"
Anna shakes her head.
Anna: "No, it's not like that. It's just...something doesn't feel right anymore. We need some space."
Jeremy: "But I love you, Anna. Don't leave me."
Anna gets up from the couch and walks over to him.
Anna: "I love you too, Jeremy. But sometimes love isn't enough. It's time for us to figure out who we are without each other."
As Anna walks out the door, Jeremy sits alone with his thoughts, wondering if this is really the end of their relationship.

(Damon and Monyi knows each other this is just how they act)