Chapter Six

Dates and Bonfires

The annual back to school bonfire was going on tonight. Elena and the gang were more excited about it than ever. It was their senior year, meaning it was the last one that they could attend as students. They had invited me, but I was unsure if I actually wanted to go. I didn't want to be that creepy graduate that still attended all of the underaged parties, but it seemed to mean allot to them. They had forgiven me for lying to them about Klaus. I still, however, didn't tell them about riding in a car with him. That was probably for the best.

It had been a week since then and I hadn't seen or heard anything from Klaus. Maybe that was for the best as well. I just needed to forget about trying to be friends and focus on my life and the friends that I already had. I had been in the tub for about twenty minutes when I heard the door open. Caroline just barged into the room, making me glad that I had put some bubbles in there with me. She looked down at me before throwing a towel toward me. I quickly caught it before it hit the water.

"Come on," she ordered. "We have a bonfire to get ready for." I groaned. My moment of peace was over. I waited until she was gone to get out and dry off. I walked into John's old room, AKA my new room, with the towel wrapped securely around me. A change of clothes were laying on my bed.

I slipped on my undergarments before I put on the cream colored tank top and denim booty shorts Caroline had laid out. They weren't really short, but they were a few inches about my knees. I was grateful that I had shaved last night, seeing as my legs were going to be exposed. I walked over to the closet, adding my own little touch to the outfit. I slipped on my leather jacket and a necklace my mother had once gotten me for my birthday. I also put on a few silver bracelets, one of them containing Vervain.

Caroline came back and squealed excitedly as she saw me, approving my look. Then she gave me a pair of sandals to wear. I wasn't really that happy as she began to brush through my knotted hair and blowdried it. She put it into curly blonde locks and I grinned at her. Then she did my makeup, applying foundation and giving me the smoky eye look. I didn't understand why I was being pampered so much just for some stupid bonfire that didn't start for another three hours.,

"Okay I'm done!" She announced. I looked into the mirror and almost gasped. I didn't look like myself. I looked way different, besides the clothes. I never did my hair and rarely wore makeup. I should more often, though.

"Wow," I said in amazement. "All this for some teenage bonfire?" Caroline looked away guiltily. "What did you do?"

"I may or may not have set you up on a blind date," she admitted. My eyes widened and I was about to yell at her, but she interrupted me. "I'm sorry, but I was just worried about you. I never hear about any guys from you except for last week and it was Klaus. I just want to protect you, and set you up with a good guy, and I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me."

"You think I'm interested in Klaus?" I asked, laughing to myself. "Look, I appreciate that you're looking out for me, but I can make my own decisions. It's not like I'm gonna go after him anyways. It's not like that. And as for my love life, that's my business. Not yours."

"But what about Colby? He's really cute," she smirked. "He plays football for the University of Virginia. He's built."

"And muscles are supposed to draw me in?" I giggled. "What about brains? Or passion?"

"Ugh, you're going all emotional on me again," she whined. "Just give him a try please. For me?"

"Why are we friends again?" I questioned as I grabbed my purse and my phone. "Where am I meeting this dude anyways?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"And that's how I got accepted into the University," the dude finished after about a ten minute story. I had zoned out about a minute into it. I had tried to talk about myself a little, but it seemed he was more concerned about himself at the moment.

"How interesting," I said sarcastically. He didn't seem to notify the insincerity of it. He just smiled and nodded his head. I swear if Matt ends up like this, I will kill him myself.

I was currently thinking about killing Caroline. The bonfire had started and I was stuck here with this douchebag talking about every touchdown he has ever ran in his life, which according to him, is allot. Don't get me wrong, I love football. Nothing was more fun than going to watch a football game, but when that's all that you ever talk about, its ridiculous. I just wanted to leave to be honest.

"So what do you say we go back to my place?" He asked suggesting after the bill was paid. He has got to be kidding me.

"I'd say you're disgusting," I scoffed. I stormed out of the restaurant, being followed by Colby. "You know, maybe you would get more action if you weren't so self absorbed and had a bit of a personality. Oh, and if you weren't such a big pervert."

"How dare you talk to me like that?" He said angrily, grabbing my arm forcefully. I instantly knew he had left a handprint.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I growled, prying my arm from his grasp. I punched him as hard as I could and was satisfied to hear the popping of his nose. He cried out in pain as I ran away from him.

Remind me to never let Caroline set me up with someone. I stopped running when I knew I was far away enough from Colby. A car slowed down beside me and I was glad to see it was Bonnie.

"Bon Bon!" I exclaimed before getting into the car with her. "Thank God it was you and not some creeper." I laughed, remembering that Klaus had done the same thing. He wasn't a creeper either, though.

"Morgan, why were you walking? I thought you were on a date?" Bonnie questioned. So she knew about that.

"I was, but Caroline hooked me up with some psychotic sex offender or something," I chuckled, but I really was upset.

I hated that guys mostly cared about sex. It was like the actual relationship was just the terms that you had to agree to to actually get it. Why couldn't I just get a good guy who actually wanted to be with me? Not for my body or anything. Just for me.

"Oh wow," she giggled. "I'm so sorry. Caroline never has been a good matchmaker."

"Tell me about it," I laughed.

We pulled up to the bonfire and we could tell we were late. Everyone was already here. We got out and went our separate ways. I grabbed a drink first thing before looking for some of my friends. They all seemed busy in their own little worlds, so I decided to go find a place with some peace and quiet.