Chapter Seventeen

Location

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned, staring at the two vampires inside my apartment. "How the hell did you get in?"

"We've been invited in before," Klaus smirked.

"I moved in here after my mom died. I had forgotten you by that point," I stated in confusion.

"You can remember," Klaus said, staring into my eyes.

It had been a lazy day for me. I hadn't moved from the couch in hours. A knock sounded from the door, interrupting my marathon of Criminal Minds.

"Unless you're the pizza guy, go away," I mumbled to myself. I opened the door to find a blonde man with bright blue eyes. He grinned from ear to ear as he looked at me. His hands were tucked into his pockets.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could use your phone," he said, pulling his phone out. "Mine died and I have someone expecting to hear from me very soon."

"Sure, come in," I said politely and held the door open for him. "Just let me go get my cellphone. You'll have to excuse the mess. I'm going through a midlife crisis."

"Midlife crisis?" He repeating, laughing a bit. "You don't seem like you're in the middle of your life. You've got a while to go."

"You don't know that," I said, handing him my phone. "I could have a heart attack right now and croak."

He laughed as he continued to stare at me. I felt my face flush as I looked down at my feet. When I looked up, he was still staring at me.

"That's a beautiful necklace," he smirked, stepping closer to me. "May I?"

I nodded my head and unclasped it. This guy was weirding me out, but I was afraid to say no. What if he was some murderer?

"Where'd you get this?" He asked curiously. He lifted his head and stared deep into my eyes, awaiting my answer. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't know," I frowned. "I've had it for a while now, but can't recall where I got it from. It's just another one of life's mysteries."

"Really?" He quirked an eyebrow. "No boyfriend gave it to you?"

"I've never really had a serious boyfriend," I admitted embarrassedly. "So no, that's not where I got it."

He looked disappointed in my answer. He glanced down at my phone before handing it back to me. I looked up in confusion.

"Aren't you going to call someone?"

"No, it was an excuse to see you. I just had to see you again. I miss you," he stepped closer to me. He cupped my cheek in his hand and I was really freaking out inside. I was about to be raped or kidnapped - or both. My heart was racing, and I fought a scream.

He glanced down at my bare wrist and smiled. He let go of my face and put my necklace back on before he looked deep into my eyes.

"You're going to forget all about this. You were just getting up to get a snack before returning to your show. Oh, and you were also going to clean up the place. It's a bit messy."

"That's not creepy at all," I said, pushing him aside and entering my home.

"Oh, I can only imagine how that went down," Damon snickered. Klaus and I both glared at him before I turned back to the knife in my pocket.

Everyone joined us in the living room, where I traced the engraving in the knife. Bonnie readied the room and herself to do the spell. When it came time, I handed her the knife and watched as she held it above a map.

Blood from the knife began to drip and it slowly made its way onto the city of San Francisco. All the way on the other side of the United States? I frowned.

"That's a long drive," Tyler sighed.

"Can we fly this time?" Caroline asked. "I've never rode in a plane!"

"You aren't going," Klaus informed them. "It's too dangerous and I won't risk you lot screwing things up."

"You can't be serious," Tyler frowned.

"But he is," Damon grinned. "Doggy boy, I'm afraid you, Witchy, and Barbie would just get in the way."

"You aren't going either, Damon," Klaus interrupted him. Damon's face twisted in anger. Here we go.

"Excuse me?" He spat. "I came with you all the way up here. I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Damon, you do have a bit of a temper," I sided with Klaus. "You would get mad and snap his neck before we even got the chance to compromise."

"Compromise?" Damon scoffed. "There's nothing to work out. He stole your memories. He's gonna give them back to you."

"That's why you aren't going, Damon," Klaus crossed his arms. "You've seemed to prove my point. Morgan and I will go alone. End of story."

"How do we know you won't just compel her to let it go or make her think that she got them back?" Bonnie questioned. It was no surprise that she had trouble trusting him. He had tried to kill her and my friends a time or two.

"You think that low of me?"

"Yes"

"Well, I'm hurt," he stared down at the ground. "You should know that I'm going to try my best to make her happy. I give you my word that I won't dare compel her."

"I trust him," Tyler was the first to speak up.

"I thought you broke your sire bond, Doggy?" Damon asked. Tyler stood up and looked like he was about to attack Damon.

"I would love to bite you," Tyler threatened. "I bet Klaus wouldn't care enough to heal you either."

"I bet he's right," Klaus smirked.

"That's enough," I yelled, growing frustrated. "It's settled. Klaus and I will go to San Fransisco and hunt down this douchebag."

"Are you insane?" Damon asked. "You can't really believe that I'm going to let you travel across the continent with this lunatic!"

"You don't have a choice," Klaus said before speeding towards him and snapping his neck. Damon fell unconscious on the floor.

"Was that really necessary?" I frowned.

"Yes. Now let's go before he wakes up. He isn't going to be very happy," Klaus urged me towards the door.

"Morgan, be careful," Caroline said as I walked out the door. I nodded and smiled to her before I left.