Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mikael

The three originals had found themselves back in the Salvatore Boarding House. Bonnie was currently trying to track the stake, but it is nearly impossible to locate a dark object. They were growing more and more antsy by the minute. Bonnie's nose began to bleed before she stopped chanting. She shook her head in defeat. Klaus' temper got the best of him as he flipped the chair beside him. No one seemed to pay him any attention. They were all lost in their own thoughts.

"I can't find it," she sighed. "I'm not strong enough. To locate something that strong, I would need something equally as strong."

"Channel one of us," Elijah said, causing the witch to look at him in confusion. "We are a result of dark magic. You can use our power to find the stake."

"I don't know," she said hesitantly.

"We don't have much time," Klaus began to get angry. "All of your friends lives are on the line at the moment. I suggest you do as my brother says and channel one of us."

"Fine. Give me your hand," she ordered. She clasped his hand in her own, chanting like a mad woman.

Everyone in the room stared in anticipation. Bonnie concentrated on the object, not letting anything else distract her. Finally the witch opened her eyes. Klaus' eyes jolted open, waiting for her to explain. She stood to her feet, shaking her head.

"Where is it?" He asked her.

"It's in New York," she answered in confusion. "But I don't understand. Weren't you just there? Rebekah, you said you didn't have it. Why would it be there?"

"Morgan," her eyes widened in realization. "She's going to get herself killed."

"Well if you could locate the stake, I don't doubt that Davina can," Elijah started. "We need to get back to Morgan before Mikael reaches her."

"She is in so much trouble," Klaus grumbled.

~*~*~*~

"This is insane," Maria frowned as she fixed my drink. I watched her intently, interested in her actions. "How do we know this will work? I don't even practice magic, Morgan."

"Ye of little faith," I clicked my tongue at her.

"You're stupid for keeping that stake. You should have told them that you had it. Things could've returned back to normal."

"Yes, they could've. The thing is; I don't want them to. I'm tired of constantly having my life dictated because they think I can't take care of myself. I intend on proving them wrong."

"And what if my spell fails? What if you fail? What happens next? You, Klaus, and all your other friends will be dead."

"I won't let that happen. With this, I'll be powerful," I reassured her. She rolled her eyes at me as she slid the glass across the bar.

"I think it's done," she nodded. "Just don't make me regret this please."

"I won't," I laughed before downing the liquid. A loud knock echoed the room. I quickly motioned for Maria to hide. I slid over to the bookcase, grabbing the stake from behind it. I slid it into my jacket before opening the door. I was met by an unfamiliar face. The older man looked at me with a devilish grin.

"Hello, I believe you have something that I need," he said. I pulled out the stake, twirling it around my fingers.

"Oh, you mean this little thing?" I smirked. I quickly lunged forward, but only to be slung against the wall.

"I can't believe we're here," I giggled, staring out the window. The whole place lit up the night sky. We parked our car and I followed him to the entrance of the amusement park. Disney World.

"You said you wanted to go," he shrugged. "I would do anything to make you happy."

"Being with you makes me happy."

My body ached as I was slumped against the wall. The stake had flown to the end of the hallway. Mikael vamped over to it, picking it up and staring in admiration. I pushed myself off of the ground. He only laughed at my attempt to get it back. He once again threw me against the corridor wall.

"Mom, I want you to meet Klaus," I introduced the two. We had been planning this get together for weeks now.

"Oh, you are older," she chuckled. "But age is just a number. I'm Kathy. It's nice to meet the man who makes my daughter so happy."

"The pleasure is all mine," he smiled.

My head pounded as I looked up at the vampire. He was laughing at my condition. "Enlighten me on why you are even trying?" He asked. "Why would you try to protect that bastard?"  I felt myself growing angry at his words. How could he talk so terribly about his own son? Some father he is.

"He's no bastard," I frowned. "You are." He responded by kicking my stomach forcefully.

"I never really had a good relationship with my father," he explained. "He found out of my mother's infidelity, and he acted as if it were my fault. I was just a mistake in his eyes."

"You are no mistake," I shook my head. I walked closer to him, cupping his cheek. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You don't need some jackass's approval."

"Don't speak bad of me when you hardly know me," he yelled. "You think that he loves you? Where is he to protect you? He left you to fend for yourself. How caring."

"He does love me! And I love him!"

The next thing I knew, I was being pulled to my feet. My whole body screamed in protest. He easily lifted my body and tossed me back into my apartment. I landed right on our glass coffee table. It shattered all around me, piercing my body. I screamed in pain as I lay there, shards cutting me.

"These past few days have been great," I smiled at the blonde. "I haven't had someone focus their attention on me."

"Nice isn't it?" He chuckled.

"Very," I nodded. "I just want to say thanks."

"For what?"

"For taking a chance on me."

"Oh, sweetheart, it is you who took a chance on me," he smiled. "Besides, I must admit I do enjoy spending time with you."

"Your ignorance shall be the death of you," Mikael spat as he turned to leave.

It was then that I watched as Klaus took him by surprise, ripping the stake out of his grasp. His siblings were by his side, taking turns at fighting the man. I shut my eyes in pain as Maria ran to my aid. She picked at the pieces of glass, but there were too many.

"Morgan, there's so much blood," she cried. "Y-you're losing way too much." I grimaced as I moved. It burned with each small movement.

"It's okay," I nodded. "Everything will be just fine. We knew this would happen."

"But-"

"It'll be fine," I cut her off. My head fell to the side as I watched Klaus shove the stake into his father's heart, setting him on fire.

"These are the days I never want to forget," I said in a sing-song tone as I walked around the apartment. "Waking up with you and falling asleep with you. Life seems perfect."

"Life is perfect with you," he agreed. "And you won't forget it. There's too much to forget."

"I could never forget you," I smiled. "You've given me so much to remember. You gave me hope in the darkest of times, strength to get through the day, and enough love to last a lifetime. I won't ever forget you, Klaus."

"You better not," he smirked.

"Morgan!" He yelled as he ran to my side. My vision had begun to blur. I watched as he bit into his wrist, readying to heal me. I grabbed his arm, pushing it away.

"I remember," I whispered to him before the darkness began to take over. Suddenly the pain had stopped, and I felt nothing.

A/N: She remembers? But she isn't supposed to remember until she dies.... I guess that means that....

One chapter left!