ONE

𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑. Was what Sebastian Aurelius Blanche, Rorina Blanche's father was taught. Well, his parents were clearly wrong, when their son proclaimed his love for the Princess of the Dark Elves, Rualla Coasair. Nonetheless, his parents were thrilled that he had managed to find a lover, finally. After all, a vampire and an elf, what could possibly go wrong?

ALEX TURNER AS YOUNG SEBASTIAN BLANCHE.

BLAKE LIVELY AS RUALLA COSAIR.

THE DAY IN BLANCHE MANOR STARTED WITH THE LOUD PLAYING OF A CERTAIN QUEEN SONG. And the manor, as usual, was woken by Sebastian Blanche's obnoxiously loud electric guitar. Rorina snuggled into her heart-patterned pillow with a sigh. This is the third day in a row he's played Queen, she groaned internally. Following that, she yelled into her pillow with mock loathing towards her father. 

"Dear, please take a break from Queen. I do miss your songs from that other human band - what was it?" Rorina's gorgeous mother mused. Rorina shoved a spoonful of cheesecake into her mouth before replying.

"ABBA, mother." 

"Ah yes, YABBA. How I love their songs."

As if he was deaf to everything but his wife's commands, Sebastian Blanche began to play the melodic tune of Slipping Through My Fingers, by ABBA. He finished off flamboyantly, playing his own ending to the song. Rorina rolled his eyes at his behaviour. "Anyway, Rory, dear. I have some rather, bothering news." Her mother pressed her fingers together from across the excessively long dining table.

"What is it, mother?" Her mother let out a sigh, and even her father took a seat, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"Some idiotic parents of the children in your school think you a bad influence, which I find utterly ridiculous. Thus, we're transferring you to another school!"

"Somewhere you'll love." Her dad added.

"Somewhere we loved, isn't that right, mon cheri?" Her father nodded along, resting his head against her shoulder.

"Nevermore." Rorina drew in a short breath. She'd always heard about the school her parents went to, and of course, the infamous Nightshade Society, amongst other things. This school intrigued her quite a bit, and well, curiosity was never a bad thing to have, right?

So it was decided then and there. Rorina Mercury Blanche would take over Nevermore by sword or by fang.

(yes, her middle name was referenced to Queen.)

RORINA STARED AT HER EMPTY DORM WITH A FROWN, BEFORE DROPPING HER OLD FASHIONED SUITCASE ONTO THE GROUND WITH A LOUD THUD. The girl, however, seemed unbothered by the noise and hummed to herself for a while.

"This room is horribly boring." she muttered to herself.

The walls were a plain, faded cream white, and the floors were made of parquet. One of her family's knights (thirteen troups of thirteen knights were gifted by her grandfather to the family for Rorina's special thirteenth birthday), carefully handed over another case, containing her guitar.

"Thanks very much, Leres."

The guard was silent, though he nodded.