FOUR

"𝐈 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊. 𝐈 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒, 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘. 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒."

anonymous

"𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄?" 𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘, 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑.

"Truth," Rory picked confidently.

"Hottest man alive?"

Boom. Victor's interest was piqued.

"Kylan's dad."

Kylan scoffed and muttered a "really?" under his breath as Rory threw her head back laughing, blonde hair flailing back and forth carelessly. Victor stared in pure adoration.

Aaaaah! The love is too blinding. Guess I'll sleep on the highway tonight then. Thought a "done with life" Kylan.

"What is up with you and calling my dad attractive, like. Seriously, Rory. I think you need to get therapy."

"She would probably give the therapist trauma, I say." Kylan and Rory, though surprised at Victor's newfound sense of humour, howled with pure laughter.

All was well. Earlier that day, Wednesday's team won the Poe Cup, and Nevermore welcomed the change.

"Hey, Kylan. Should we show Vic the signature Belfry Hall secret?" Rory asked, wiggling her brows, drunk on grapejuice and the night's atmosphere. Victor, in all his essence, raised a brow, wondering what she was talking about.

Kylan abruptly stood up, reaching his hand out to Victor.

"Sure, it's about time we really show him round Belfry."

"Tomorrow's Outreach Day though – ya think we should sleep early?" a slightly dazed Rory questioned.

"Nah, we always get the easy jobs anyway. C'mon, let's gooo-"

The walked to the middle of the corridor, and Kylan opened a door from the wall. He then proceeded to take a lamp from the right side of the dark path, looking back to make sure the two were still with him.

"Secret passages. Who'dve thought."  Victor rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up, Vic."

"The Nightshades are having a meeting tonight, right?" Rory spoke to herself.

"When they say the walls have ears, they're defo talking about us." Kylan randomly said.

The pair cringed at his words.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad."

"Let's bring him to the Nightshade hideout."

"THIS MIGHT BE A BAD IDEA, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT."

Rory scoffed at Kylan's words. "What could go wrong?"

"Dunno. I just have a baaaad feelin' bout this." Kylan said again, sidestepping through the walls.

"Ugh, we're sixteen! This is the best time to be making mistakes, is it not?"

"Should've told mah dad that before he had me."

Rory rolled her eyes as Victor suppressed a chuckle.

"I'M NOT INTERESTED." Wednesday said flatly, declining the offer to be a member of the Nightshades, before beginning her ascent up the stairs and leaving the their sorry excuse of a hideout. A bookshelf suddenly swung out, causing her to stop.

"Oops." Kylan spoke, regretting his actions of accidentally pressing a golden button on the wall next to him. The trio stared at the Nightshades and Wednesday, with Wednesday arching a brow back at her brother.

"We're just gonna..." Rory spoke, sidestepping out of the walls and up the stairs, leaving behind a confused group of people. Kylan and Victor followed, with Victor sparing a quick glance at his sister.

"That was awkward." Kylan said.

"You think?" Rory and Victor said, at the same time. They held eye contact for a while.

(btw @/Moonlight_Babe1if you're reading this, sorry but i'm too lazy to change kylan's name haha it's kinda growing on me)

OUTREACH DAY CAME FAST. Rory and Kylan spent the day prepping Victor on what to expect. As expected, the three of them got the same, easy postings.

"Help with the decorations for Outreach Day." Victory reads aloud, confused as to why Rory and Kylan aren't heading to their designated location.

"We've been getting that card for years." Kylan explains. "All the decorations are put up. And the normies refuse our help." Rory adds.

"I'm in the mood for some hot chocolate. Let's go!" Rory links arms with both of them, dragging them to a Walmart version of Starbucks. Upon entering, she immediately makes her way to the counter. She opens her wallet, and a picture of the Blanche family catches Victor's eye.

"Sheeeesh, Mars. You're Dad ain't that bad looking himself." Rory looks incredulously at Kylan.

Victor stifles a laugh.

Rory shakes her head at the two. "The things I put up with..." she mutters.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over your Dad's sizzling hotness-" Kylan all but continued.

"Stop, I swear-" Blood rushed to her cheeks, and Victor looked at her in concern. "You okay? Your forehead seems kind of red-" He puts the back of his hand against her head. 

Kylan just kept dying of laughter, seeing Victor making Rory even redder. 

'LOL' he mouths to her. She slowly mouths back, making Kylan focus on her lips. 

'f-u-c-k'

'y-o-u'

He rolls his eyes, and the two of them leave Victor as confused as ever. He looks back at the photo. 

"Cute." He says aloud, hand now off her forehead. 

WEDNESDAY ASKED FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH VICTOR ALONE, which Kylan and Rory felt obliged to permit.

"I-" Wednesday tensed up.

"I apologise. I will no longer judge you for wishing to stay here. I see that you've found happiness."

She turned to leave, but Victor started speaking. "Thanks. You..don't know how much that meant to me."

Man...this is awkward, Victor rubbed the back of his neck. Wednesday nodded, and Victor went back to Belfry Hall.

I SWEAR THE RAVE'N CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER

XOXO, CH4

YALL ARE THE BEST, THANKS FOR ALL THE VOTES, COMMENTS, AND INTERACTIONS!