SEVEN

"SHE LOOKED LIKE A RELIGIOUS ICON, LIKE SOMEBODY YOU'D SACRIFICE YOUR LIFE FOR."

- anonymous

WEDNESDAY SLAMS RORY'S DORM ROOM SHUT, INTERRUPTING AN UNO GAME. Rorina raises a brow at the girl's attitude.

"What's wrong?" Victor is the first to ask.

"Xavier just confessed his feelings to me."

Silence ensues.

"Oh, and he has paintings of the Hyde, Nevermore is now in lockdown and I need the three of you to come with me to explore the old Gates' house."

Kylan blinks. The Uno cards in his hand fell to the ground, exposing them.

He was going to make me lose?? Damn, the betrayal, thought Victor.

"I'm sorry, WHAT? I still haven't gotten over what you just said to us."

Rorina raised a brow, it seemed to her that Nevermore's signature goth girl had admirers. The brunette boy next to her, on the other hand, looked too stunned to speak. The eldest Addams' eyes were wide open, and his mouth gaped like a fish. Rory took notice of this and playfully pinched his side.

"Wake up, Vicky boy."

He rolled his eyes and Kylan cringed at the two. Wednesday awkwardly glanced at the couple, disgusted by the blatant display of physical attraction. She cleared her throat. "So, are you in or out?"

Victor and Kylan looked towards the blonde. "What do you think boys? Fun night out exploring?"

She then looked down at her outfit. She was dressed in a pretty florar dress, not exactly sneaking out material.

"Wednesday," she called, causing said girl to come to a halt.

"Let me get changed, I'll see you at the house. Kylan, Vick, go ahead without me."

The door creaks open, and the three leave, leaving the Blanche with only her mind.

Or so she thought.

As she lit herself a cigarette and slipped some leggings under her dress, the door opened once more. Previously facing the window and now turning to the door, she comes face to face with Victor.

She's about to take the cigarette out of her mouth, but he quickly does the job for her, proceeding to throw it out of the window. Before she can refute with a complaint towards him, he shuts her up with a kiss she melts into.

His thumb traces her upper lip, with just enough gentle pressure to shut her up. "You shouldn't smoke." He eyes her sleeveless outfit up and down, his piercin gaze making her feel slightly warm.

"Something wrong with my dress, Addams?" she grows slightly irritated at the silence.

He shakes his head, speechless, before he continues.

"Nothing, love. I can fight."

ENID AND TYLER ARE VERY SHOCKED when Wednesday invites three new people into the car, causing Rory to be fixed unto Victor's lap, to which neither of the two protested against.

"Wait, he's our Uber driver?" Enid asks, seemingly unbothered by the three other Nevermore students.

"I-Uber driver?"

Kylan whistles, "Dang, the normie just got violated! Nice one Sinclair, give me a high five."

Rory scoffs, but is also intriuged by the normie's presence. "Seriously, Kylan?"

The awkward situation resumes.

"I thought we were going on a date. / I thought this was a girl's night out!"

"And I thought that I was going to win my third Uno game tonight, but who cares? Can we please just get going?" Rory's patience was thinning, and she felt extremely cramped up in the car. Not to mention that the earlier irritation she felt when her cigarette got stolen by Victor remained. Said boy was currently running his fingers through her hair, attempting to ease some of her nerves.

It wasn't really working.

But hey, A for effort?

The normie boy then questioned the scarf on Wednesday's neck.

"Don't ask. Just drive."

THEY REACHED THE HOUSE.

"Seriously, you wanna go in there? This place is creepy af."

"Agreed," chorused Kylan and Tyler, who then turned to look at each other in surprise. Victor slyly put his hand in Rory's, and Wedneday began to lead the quintet into the indeed, creepy af house.

"I didn't want to celebrate my birthday by going to dinner or a surprise party." Wednesday opens the door.

"I wanted to do this."

The group split up, with Wednesday and Enid sticking together, Tyler and Kylan departing individually, leaving the young couple alone.

guys, it's literally the biggest honor to reach 10k!! I'm so happy yall like this book. I honestly didn't expect this much support, mwah 💋💋💋