FIVE

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋.

—anonymous

RORY KICKED KYLAN AND VICTOR OUT OF HER ROOM TO SPEND THE DAY PREPARING FOR THE RAVE'N. During previous years, she'd put in minimal effort. But this year was different.

This year she had Victor.

Suddenly, she was brought back to when he first asked her to the dance.

KYLAN HAD GONE TO VISIT JERICHO, WAVING THE TWO OFF WHEN ASKED WHETHER THEY COULD JOIN.The two roamed around the campus of Nevermore, or at least, Victor followed Rory around like a puppy. They chanced upon an abandoned looking garden, which looked pretty unkempt.

"Woah, it looks like no one's been here for ages!" Rory muttered aloud in sheer awe.

Still, the fauna looked glorious. Beds of flowers sprawled all over, hanging plants trailing from above and the most beautiful flower of them all—dressed in blue and black. At least, that was what Victor saw.

He held her hand in his, trying to keep up with her quick pace. Then, she halted. Rory took notice of a small diary, with collected poems in them. She took it upon herself to read them, as if paying respects to the anonymous person who left them there.

Victor had long let go of her hand, opting to look around the garden instead. However, his palms were sweating at the marvelous sight of the Blanche girl. The sun had decorated her face gorgeously, as if she were a poem herself. Dozens of roses surrounded her, as if she belonged there.

He knew then and there.

Mustering up all the courage that he could, Victor walked towards her.

"Rorina Blanche—" at the mention of her full name, she looked up. Victor was so very close.

"Yes?" His gaze was fixated on her, and her only. Her breath hitched in anticipation.

"Will you give me the enormous pleasure of going to the dance with me?"

Rory smiled, and Victor immediately tensed. Was she going to reject him? What if it was too formal? What if—

Her lips crashed onto his, her hands having to steady his slightly trembling face. "Yes," she said.

"For every rose in this garden, yes, I will go to the dance with you Victor Addams."

From then on, Victor Addams gave her all his weekends, cherishing every moment spent with Rorina Blache, at least till the day of the dance. 

RORY HAD BRUTALLY SHOVED both Kylan and him out of her room, wanting to get ready. Kylan had fallen ill, and was unable to attend the dance, much to his displeasure. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying to calm down. Deep breaths, Rory. Deep breaths.

Three knocks on the door. It was Victor. "I'm almost ready!" she said.

She stood up, any signs of anxiety gone, and opened the door. "Hey,-"

Victor's breath hitched, and he paused. "You looked stunning." he said, purely in awe. Rory grinned. "As do you, Addams."

"Shall we?" he offered her his arm.

"We shall."

They made their way to the dance, in comfortable silence. "Rory, your dress, it's so pretty!" Enid Sinclair said, marveling at the blue fabric.

Gee thanks, I only bought it for Victor to take it off, some inner part of Rory said.

Instead, Rory chose to grin and return the compliment, telling Enid that her hair looked stunning.

The choice of music there was interesting, to say the least. Victor and her decided to only dance to songs that the both of them knew. Like, The Lakes, by Taylor Swift, which Victor surprised Rory with. Apparently he had heard the girl hum it before, and put in a special request to the DJ.

Unfortunately, The Lakes was a song that only the two of them had knew, though the two weren't bothered by the piercing stares directed towards them. 

They swayed with the melody, eyes never leaving each other. It was as if they were in their own bubble away from everyone else, and the two made the most of it. 

(meanwhile, Wednesday Addams cringed at the two)

When the song ended, they made their way off the dance floor, but quickly went back as another familiar song played. This time, more students joined in too. 

Say my name and everything just stops.

Victor's hand on Rory's waist.

I don't want you like a best friend.

Rory's gaze on his lips.

Only bought this dress so you could take it off.

The growing feeling of butterflies trying to escape Rory's stomach.

Take it off.

RORY WAS BACKED AGAINST A WALL, VICTOR'S ARMS ENCASING HER. There was heavy breathing, and he looked around to make sure no one was there with him. "Can I?" he breathlessly said. Rory nodded, hands trailing up him.

He started with her neck, giving longing kisses, one after the other. 

Rory's eyes shifted to the door, wanting to make sure no one could hear them, but Victor held her wrists down. 

"Eyes on me."

And the rest of the night was history.