Chapter Fourteen

"Stromy, you ran away because Vincent rejected you?" Adam yells at me. "Do you know how stupid that was? We spent months looking for you, and when we couldn't find you, we had a month long mourning ceremony. Your parents were so distraught, that your dad almost stepped down as beta."

"How could you be so selfish? You left because of some boy, and now look at you!" Chelsea screams at me.

She then stands up and makes her way over to me. In a flash her hand makes contact with my face. She slapped me so hard me head turned to the side. I'm not certain but a bruise may form.

"Chelsea! Violence is not the answer; I'm mad at her too, but we don't harm humans. Come on, let's go for a run." Adam says dragging her out of the room.

"What a little bit-" David cuts Amelia off.

"I don't care about that girl, I'm more concerned about Stormy. How are you doing?" He asks.

Tears start to form in my eyes. "I deserved it. You two must hate me. Doing all of that because of a boy," I spit out.

"Oh Storm, we don't hate you. We love you very much. I haven't met my mate, but I feel I would react similarly to you if mine rejected me." Amelia comforts me putting an arm around my shoulder.

David gathers wraps both of us up in his embrace, and we sit there for a long time in silence.

"Well, let's go ahead and go to the meeting." I suggest looking at the time.

-

I sit in the Alpha's office. My friends are on one side of me, and my parents are on the other. I stare at my hands, wishing I didn't have to do this. They're making small talk without me, and I'm okay with it.

"Okay Stormy, let's really talk. We all know why we're here." The alpha says.

"Honestly, I'm not strong enough to relive the events just yet. I need time to heal." I explain in a small voice.

"That's not why we wanted to talk, dear." The Luna gently tells me.

"Honey, you're human now. It's against the law to have a human on  pack lands." My mom says taking my hand. "So you might have to leave, unless...well I don't know how to put this."

"You'll have to mate with somebody in the pact." The alpha says.