Chapter Eight

I wake up with an intense headache unlike anything I've ever experienced before. Whispers fly around the room while an audible gasp is heard close to my ears.

"She's waking up!" I hear the familiar voice of Amelia scream.

Despite not wanting to buddy-buddy with the omegas, Amelia has attached herself to me and declares me her best friend. As if! My best friend is Chelsea.

I open my bleary eyes to see three people looking down at me with worried expressions. Chase; a known omega that works in the woods, Elle; the healer's daughter, and finally my best friend Amelia. By the soft light streaming through the windows, I know it's late afternoon.

"Stormy, do you know how long you've been asleep?" She exclaims putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"No, isn't Friday..." I trail off wincing at the sound of my bleak voice.

"It is a Friday, just not the Friday you think it is." Chase explains.

"Follow the light," Elle says, all up to business.

The bright light is cast into my eyes making me clench them together.

Ew, I hate the light. A voice says.

"Who-who said that?" I whisper scared for my sanity.

"Nobody said anything Stormy," Elle's nasally voice says.

Your wolf, I'm you and you're me.

I pause for more explaining, nothing comes. Slowly I open my eyes and follow the obnoxious beam cast my way. She then proceeds to do more basic checks on my body.

"Chase, leave the room." She instructs.

"What, why," he's smirking.

"Whatever, come on Chase," Amelia leads him out the door.

"Strip," Elle says pursing her lips together.

"Why?" I shout.

It's a simple bruise and broken bone check. You've been naked around other people before.

"Never mind, let's get this over with."

~:~:~

Two days later I'm awkwardly moving around the kitchen helping some pack members make lunch. Luckily it's a Saturday, and only pups and their mothers are home. So an easy pot of mac and cheese is appealing. As I chop up apples my eyes drift outside to see some omega men chop wood.

Watch out nim-wit! Rayne screams.

I pause the knife, my heart is pounding and I look around wildly.

What do you want Rayne, everything is fine!

After hearing her lecture me the past few days I needed a name to a face, or voice. So on a play with my name I decided to call her Rayne, much to her dismay. Apparently she's not a real person, just an extension of me. Still, it's a lot less confusing than calling her wolf every time I need to get her attention.The only down side are the searing headaches I get after a conversation longer than two minutes.

I saved your finger from getting sliced open. You're welcome.

I roll my eyes and place each apple cube in a bowl and bring both foods to the table. So Far there aren't a lot of kids here, but with killer senses, there should be more coming.

With a sharp turn on my heel I walk back to the kitchen to clean up. The only problem is the turn made me dizzy. Black spots cloud my vision for a second and I feel myself losing balance. I start to tilt backwards until a strong hand settles in the middle of my back. It pushes me upwards and then two hands rest on my shoulders making sure I am kept steady.

"Are you okay?" A gentle voice asks.

I look behind me to see a man with dark hair and brown eyes to match. He seems older than me, but not by much. I then recognise him, he's an omega. A new one that's mainly used Chase as guidance.

I look up and lock eyes on him. Flirt mode activated. I open my eyes a bit wider and let them get a bit glassy. I turn my head down, letting my hair tumble down onto my shoulders. Hey, he may be an omega, but he's still cute.

"Sorry, I-I just got a head rush. It happens a lot." I bashfully state while looking down.

"It's fine, don't want any head injuries. Those will follow you for a long time."

You don't say, Rayne thinks.

"You're the new guy, right?" I ask as if I didn't already know.

"Yeah, my name is David. What about you?" He gives me a lopsided grin.

Butterflies kick in, breathe Stormy breathe, "I'm Stormy."

"Let me guess, you got your eyes from your name?" He jokes flirting back.

"Yeah, my grandma's name is Jade, because she has Jade colored eyes." I then tuck a piece of hair behind my ear while giving a slight grin.

That's right Stormy, show off those dimples. Suddenly all the comments from Rayne impact me in a flash of bright lights. I turns out the pain was so intense I fell on the floor.Next, Amelia and David are looking over me with worry on their expressions.

"Are you okay Storms?" Amelia asks helping me up.

"Yeah, It's just those-those headaches I get. I just randomly started to get them after I woke up.

"Come on, let's go get you some pain medication. You need some rest."

Amelia then drags my up stairs, slightly giddy the entire way.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask sitting on her bed.

"Spill it, you and David! He always brushes off the other girls, but you; well, he was flirting right back." She shrieks.

Her loud voice causes me to wince. I then drown the pills with a cup of water.

"I nearly fell and then he caught me. We started to talk and I felt butterflies."

"Have you met your mate yet?" Her voice is deadly serious.

"Y-Yeah, why?" I'm a bit afraid to answer.

"This is perfect!" I then watch her bounce up and down on the bed.

"You and David can choose to be mates, he lost his to a rogue attack a few years back. Stormy, don't screw this up. He could be it."

@:$'"#/_63'PLEASE READ##/_:$'(/3'3

Sorry for not updating in a while, but I feel y'all deserve an explanation. I get anxiety attacks at random. I was having a mild and not at all heated or worry causing discussion with my principal and BOOM I had one. I was playing with my puppy and she nipped at my hand BOOM, I had one. My teacher was pacing back and forth in front of me, but yelling at a student not close to where I was. BOOM, one got triggered. I was waiting for my grandma to pick me up and couldn't find any of my friends. BOOM, one happened.

I don't know why they happen to me, but they are emotionally and physically draining to me. Apparently my uncle had the same problem I'm high school. I haven't really told anyone about it because I don't see it as a problem. But I told y'all this because I think y'all deserve to know why I didn't update.