Chapter Sixteen

So you want longer waits (like once a week and a half) with longer chapters, or short waits (every day or every other day) with short chapters?

Amelia, David, and I walk speechlessly down the hall after the meeting. It came to an abrupt end after the plans of me being mated were made.

My eyes are trained on the floor, while the only thing I can pay attention to is my heart. It's racing, and I can feel my pulse throughout my body.

"Calm down Stormy, you need to relax." Amelia tells me.

Her soothing words bring me back into reality. The truth then hits me. I'm left breathless; I'm even more shell shocked than before. I'm getting mated to David, and no one even asked me what I wanted.

The truth hurts, and I have trouble breathing. I slide down the wall and onto the floor. I bring my knees to my chest and let my chin rest on them. Tear drops then hit my knees like little emotional oceans. All salty, stormy, and full of sadness.

"I-I-I can't, I won't. I don't even have a life here!" I sob.

"What do you mean Stormy?" David asks.

"David, you're a great guy, but I can't mate anyone. I need time to figure out who I am before I make any life decisions like that."

"Stormy, if we don't mate, then you'll get kicked out of the pack," David whispers.

"Honestly...I don't really care. Everyone hates me, I'm pretty sure my parents are disappointed in me. Besides, I'm am going to be so out of place. Humans may do well in other packs, but not this one." I look at both of them before swallowing the lump in my throat. "I think it's best if I leave the pack for good."

Like a said (much inspiration, much chapters, so short) so I might be updating quite often now :D