The Party

The party was only one hour away when Rainbow decided that she should get moving over to Twilight. She flew across the sky, skimming town hall and lowering down to have a talk with one of her friends, who was leaving the Ponyville Post Office.

"Hey Ditsy? How you been doing?" The lazy eyed Pegasus looked over to where the voice came from, only to notice that it was her Winter Wrap Up captain.

"Hi Rainbow Dash!" The voice was slightly muttered... but Rainbow understood her disability and acted as if she never had it.

"So Ditsy, you going to be at Twilights party?" Rainbow seemed happy to talk to someone who she understood so well, unlike Applejack who was acting strange this morning. But Rainbow never thought of it and decided to let it slip by, after all... Applejack was her friend, she could have been tired.

Ditsy pulled out a letter from her saddlebags and handed it over to Rainbow "I'll try, I need to finish these... uh... Deliveries!" Reading the letter her head, Rainbow never usually got mail or any form of communication from outside Ponyville.

"What's this Ditsy?" Rainbow asked, concerned if she got the mail mixed up again.

"It's your mail!" Ditsy always had a happy attitude. Rainbow liked Ditsy for always being positive despite some lonely years and some mockery because of her out swayed eyes.

"I never get mail... who is it from?"

"Its from... uh... I think it was... Celest... Celestia!" Ditsy had the memory of a goldfish, it caused her to forget a lot of things.

Rainbow grew a huge smile on her face as Ditsy told her who it was from "Princess Celestia? It's from the Princess!?" Rainbow opened the letter as fast as she could, almost tearing the thing apart. She read the letter out loud, for everypony to hear, as if she was bragging.

"Dear Rainbow Dash.

You have been invited to the annual Wonderbolts meet up at the castle in Canterlot. This invitation was sent from Celestia herself. We hope to see you there. The event will start in seven days.

~~~ Regards, Spitfire."

"Oh... my... god..." Rainbow shouted really loud, almost everypony within a mile radius heard her. Or at least that's what it felt like to Rainbow.

"Congratulations Rainbow Dash!" Ditsy said, after she got over the shock of Rainbow's sudden shout. Ditsy smacked her hooves together, creating a clop sound. She knew how much Rainbow Dash wanted an opportunity like this.

"Ditsy! I can't thank you enough!" Rainbow and Ditsy hugged each other while everypony wondered what all the noise was about.

"Ditsy, I better get heading over to Twilight's... I know how much she wants me to be there before the party" Ditsy let go of Rainbow Dash and nodded politely, making her eyes spin in her head a little.

--------------------

Pinkie was bouncing around in Carousel Boutique as a white coated Unicorn walked through the door with a bunch of gems in her Saddlebags.

"Oh, Pinkie dear, what are you doing here at my store?" Rarity walked slowly over to Pinkie.

"Ohh Rarity! You're back, you see I was bored, so I decided I should come over to see you, but you were not in. So I thought to myself what a surprise it would be for me to be in your shop for when you come back!" she said, still bouncing around Carousel Boutique.

"Well... thank you I guess, but is there anything I can do for you Pinkie... after all your stunning party is going to be ready in less than an hour" Rarity heard Pinkie do a loud gasp and sprung in front of her, slightly startling her.