Going back

Explosions were going off all around as they were trying to make their escape. Unfortunately, it was difficult to make an escape when Casey had to carry both a wounded Leonardo and a baby.

Not too far away, lasers were being shot from the enemy, wiping out more and more of the resistance. It's hard to believe that this apocalyptic world was once healthy, thriving, and full of people.

A roar from behind alerted Casey and Leonardo to the monster that had snuck up behind them. Neither had time to react or fight back before it pounced to attack. For a moment, Casey thought this was it. He'd die with Master Leonardo and little Bee at the hands of a monster. And if not this monster, then the many others that surrounded them.

Suddenly, an orange blast shot the monster down.

"Bad doggie!" Orange chains swirled and revealed the most powerful mystic warrior, Michelangelo. He levitated in a sitting pose and made it seem effortless as he took down the monsters that surrounded us.

"Impeccable timing, little brother. Very dramatic." As Michelangelo worked his magic, Casey lifted Leonardo once again and helped him lean against a pile of rocks. Leonardo clutched his side and when he removed his hand, blood covered his prosthetic hand.

"Help him, Michelangelo. He's hurt bad." He'd gotten hurt protecting Bee, his precious baby sister. Thanks to Leonardo and Michelangelo, Bee hadn't received a single scratch during the invasion. She hadn't even seen much of the battle until now. Their base had been compromised and they were forced to go on the run.

But a single look at the rest of the land revealed the reality of the situation.

"That's it. The resistance failed. The Krang won." Leonardo sadly admitted. It caused a pit to form in Casey's heart. Knowing that everything he had been fighting to protect would be destroyed by the Krang. Knowing that the Krang couldn't be stopped.

"But...but it isn't over." The large turtle quickly added. "We've still got a ninja's greatest weapon...hope." He looked over to Michelangelo with a smirk on his face.

"That and a badass mystic warrior." The smirk on his face fell and was replaced by a frown. "Mikey, we need a time gateway."

Michelangelo's eyes widened but quickly hardened as he processed the request. "It'll take everything I have." He didn't say it with fear or anger, but instead with a sort of resolve.

"I know, but this is our last chance." Leonardo hesitated before saying, "It's our only chance."

For the first time in a long time, there seemed to be pure determination in Michelangelo's eyes. He nodded and floated off to the side.

"Wait, what's going on? Where is he going?" Casey asked Leonardo but his questions were ignored.

"Casey, listen." Leonardo signaled for him to crouch down. In the background, an orange glow could be seen but Casey stayed focused.

"The Krang first came to our planet through a mystic doorway." The large turtle brought out a picture and flipped it over. He grabbed a small rock and used it as a makeshift pencil to draw a strange picture on it.

"The key that opened the doorway looked like this." He handed the picture to the boy who was confused as to what exactly was going on.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because Mikey's about to send you and Bee back in time to the day the key was stolen."

"Wait, he's gonna what?!" Off to the side, Michelangelo was holding out his glowing. In front of him, an orange lightning bolt formed into a small hole with small cracks around it. As if it were breaking the air around them. And as he pushed more magic into his hands, the hole became bigger, and orange-glowing cracks began to form along his arms.