Start and Stop

~~Chapter Inspired by KappaTurtleGirl~~

Sitting in the hospital, waiting for someone to come by and tell him what was going on was the worst feeling Casey has ever felt.

When he arrived at the hospital, doctors immediately took Bee away while he explained the situation. Well, as much as he could explain. He didn't exactly know what happened to Bee since the turtles weren't in the best condition to give him an explanation. A nurse held him back from following the doctors who took his sister and promised to give him an update as soon as she knew anything.

It's been six hours since then and he's heard nothing. He tried to reason with himself. The doctors must be busy. Not long after he arrived, a lot of people came rushing in with all kinds of injuries. Some with deep cuts on different parts of their bodies and others missing whole limbs. And with each passing hour, more people flooded the waiting room. The smell of blood overwhelmed the previous smell of chemicals.

A tap on his shoulder startled him. He looked to his right and saw the nurse that he had talked to before. She was standing there with a grim look on her face that fill Casey with even more dread.

"How's my sister?" He asked with a shake in his voice. He didn't appreciate the pity in her stare or the tears in her eyes.

"I'm-" She let out a sigh and brushed a hand over her uniform. "We...aren't sure. Her heart has stopped multiple times and she's stopped breathing on her own. We don't think she'll make it through the night."

...No.

No.

That can't...be right. She's made it this far. All the way back to the past, a place that's supposed to be kinder than the future. He wanted Bee to grow up here, and have the good childhood he never had. He wanted to see her bright smile as she learned to walk, talk, and run. He wanted to see it all. Whenever Casey looked into her eyes, all he saw was a bright future ahead of her, a world full of color.

But now, he can feel his hope fading and the color draining from his world.

"I'm so sorry sir. She's not responding to any of the medication we give her. We suggest you bring your family here and...say your last goodbyes."

'She's not responding to the medication...' He swears he's heard that phrase before.

~*~

April let out a sigh as Leo finally slipped into what she hoped was a peaceful sleep. After a lot of medication, bone resetting, epoxying, stapling and stitching, and medical bandage tape, everyone was patched up. The only ones still awake were herself, Mikey, and Splinter.

Donnie had fallen asleep in his medical bed after it had been moved closer to Leo's. Raph had fallen asleep on the recliner that had been moved into the med bay. The big guy swore up and down that he wouldn't sleep until he was sure everyone was alright. And he really did try to stay up for the phone call from Casey they were all patiently waiting for. But eventually, he nodded off to sleep.