[Minho] Unexpected Visitor [1]

☆.。.:*☆○o

I woke up from my slumber, my head immediately started to ache as I tried to sit up. All of a sudden, I start to remember small snippets of my old life before coming to the Glade.
Maybe there was something else I've forgotten that could be important.
I forced myself to focus on those memories flashing through my mind, trying to find anything remotely helpful towards solving the maze. As I knew of course, Minho and Thomas have been trying to figure out ways to escape the Maze every single day. Running endless miles just to only find bits and pieces that aren't remotely close to being useful. Just having one single thought of what Minho and Thomas go through makes my heart ache. How could they have such a fatiguing job among all of the Gladers and not complain? Maybe to lower down the amount of time they use to overwork themselves, I could be some source of help.
But no matter how hard I try to retrieve at least some of those memories, they always seem to drift away from my mind, and I end up pushing myself further until my head begins to throb.
"Ugh!" I groan, burying myself into the sheet of blankets, only leaving my face out. I lay by my side, looking out from the broken window to gaze at the night sky. Nothing even seems real in the Glade, that I'm beginning to suspect if the moon is either real or not. Starting to feel frustrated with myself, tears started to swell up in my eyes. I just wanted to be helpful and to hopefully get out of this klunk-of-a-maze. To be free from the grievers, to live a normal teenage life. I didn't even understand why we were sent here. Did we do something so terrible that we had to get thrown in the Glade with no memories and no escape as our punishment? After a few minutes of having my own solitary time to sob, I could finally let my body relax and maybe soon fall asleep. As I shut my eyes, I hear the door slowly creak open, hearing heavy footsteps attempting to stay hushed as it slowly makes its way to my bed. Somewhat opening my eyes, I start to form a broad figure staring right at me. I closed my eyes again, not knowing who was staring at me, and pretended to shift around in my bed to face the other way. Not hearing the unknown person leave, my stomach felt too jumpy to turn around and see who the mysterious person was. I still kept my eyes forcefully shut, thinking about what the worst could happen.
God, someone is going to kill me. I know it.
Suddenly, I felt weight being added to the opposite side where I laid, feeling the person's body moving slightly for a few seconds until it stopped. All I felt now was uneasiness flowing to my body. I wanted to open my eyes and see who was next to me right now, at this very moment. But if I opened my eyes, what if their eyes were open too? That would only just set us in panic.
Shuck it.
I open my eyes slowly to see another pair of eyes staring straight at me. My eyes widened as I let out an agonizing scream, and as I kept screaming their screams started to combine with mine.
"What the shuck are you doing here?" I shrieked, as I began to learn that the unknown intruder was Minho.
"Uhm, you see- I don't actually know..." His voice trembled as he spoke, filled with worriedness.
"Something told me in my gut that you weren't sleeping well. Overthinking, perhaps?"
I shrugged. "Maybe."
He gave me his infamous eye roll that he always does, shaking his head lightly. "It's either a yes or no, shank."
My eyes darted around the room to avoid eye contact with Minho, as I felt my heart race. Do I tell him and make him feel worried for me? Or do I not tell him and leave him clueless for the rest of the night?
"Look, I don't have all night to force you into telling me what the klunk's been up with you. You either tell me and I'll try to help, or you don't." He kept his eyes focused on mine until he mumbled out a couple of words. "You know, I'd prefer it if you told me."
I felt my lips slowly form into a smile, but I stopped myself and went on with what I was going to talk about.
"I..I had some memories coming back to me." I said, hesitated to get the words out of my mouth. Minho raised his brows, eyes also widening.
"Oh really? Alright. Well, have you remembered anything important?" His face was filled with eagerness in finding out. To my surprise, Minho's voice was more soothing than I thought it would be. Hearing this side of him gave me more comfort to speak out to him more often if I could.
I shook my head, feeling my face heat up in shame.
"Um well— I tried my best to remember, I swear. I wanted to at least remember some small bits of my memories to help you and Thomas. You guys work so hard everyday to find barely anything that could help us." I realized how much thoughts and feelings I've poured out to Minho in a small matter of time, that maybe it was too much for him to handle.
Instead, Minho's face was filled with complete ease, that it looked like he was delighted to see me finally opening up to him. His lips formed a small smile, and my stomach stirred with excitement. I was probably one of the first Gladers to ever see Minho give off a genuine smile like this.
"Look Greenie.. You don't have to worry about "escaping the maze" or whatnot. That's me and Thomas's responsibility, not yours. But somehow if you do remember something, you immediately go and report it to me, okay? I wouldn't mind having a little help from someone here."
"Okay." I murmured, as we both exchanged soft, genuine smiles. After a minute,, I felt a bit awkward just having the two of us looking at each other with admiration. I snapped back to reality, changing the mood completely. "Uh, well— Good night." I smiled awkwardly and turned my body over to the other side, where I was facing the night sky and the broken window. I could still feel Minho smile upon me and I closed my eyes.
"Good night." He finally whispered, and the whole room became completely silent with only Minho's heavy breathing filling the room's awkward silence.
I didn't know how long it's been since I kept my eyes closed, waiting for myself to fall asleep. I didn't want to move one bit, as I'd probably disturb him from his slumber. After a few minutes, I could finally feel my body drifting away into a deep sleep. But just as soon as I was about to fall asleep completely, I felt Minho's heavy, sturdy arms wrap around my body. My body was put into shock, and I flinched immediately after he put his arms around me.
"Uh—" Minho let go quickly, moving to the other side of the bed as he faced the door. My face was filled with shock, like his whole small action was a bolt from the blue.
Minho is probably embarrassed now.
I thought, with a regretful expression on my face. I turned around slowly to face Minho, but his body was still frozen in place like a statue. As I kept on looking at him I saw his eyes slightly opening, then his body finally getting up slowly for a quick view if I was sleeping. As Minho saw me wide awake, he immediately went back down into place, his head laying on top of both of his hands. His small act of anxiousness made me let out a small chuckle, as he did look a bit adorable acting like this.
"You know, if you're scared of cuddling me I don't mind." My face flushed with red as I whispered to him. There wasn't a response out of him, so I gave up, turning to the other side of the bed to fall asleep feeling upset without his arms around me.
Only after a few minutes, I could feel his body turning over to my side, and soon his arms were wrapped around me again as he fell asleep. His heavy breaths continued, but just him being this close to me was enough to give me a restful night. A restful night I haven't had since I've arrived in the Glade.

☆.。.:*☆○o