"i miss my mans..."

As I started to stir awake, feeling a small breeze against my body; making me shiver. I turned my body over expecting to see a certain blond give me a small peck as I started to fully wake up, but I didn't, all I saw was Newt's side of the bed empty.
Where is he?
     I mused disappointedly as I got out of bed, seeing the bask sunlight seep through our wooden-made window.

    Anxiously, getting my clothes on, I hurry out the door. Quickly reaching the end of the hallway and down the stairs, I was met with someone's chest once I rounded a corner.
What the shuck? I screeched, looking up, I made eye contact with Frypan.
    "Woah there, lady shank. Where ya going in such a rush?" He asked me with a quirked brow.
    "Oh uhm, do you know where Newt is? When I woke, Newt wasn't there with me..." I stated, worriedly.
    "Worried about your boyfriend, ay? Well don't be, hes just running errands right now. Alby made him wake up early, decided to put him in charge since Alby is gonna be in the maze with Minho today." He told me, nonchalantly.

    I nodded, "When is he gonna be free?"
    "I asked Newt around an hour ago, and he told me that he wasn't gonna be free the whole day."
     "Hm, alright. I'll see you during lunch, Fry!" I waved off, before making my way out the door so I can head to the gardens. After reaching the shed to grab my gardening gloves and hand shovel, I proceeded to go towards a random plant bed and started to work on it.

     I noticed Zart and a few other boys sit down near me as they also began working on the same plant bed. I continued doing my job until it was lunch time. I frowned, knowing that Newt wasn't going to be able to take the break. Heading towards the homestead in a slow walk, grabbing my food, I walked towards a table with my friends and sat down.

     This table consisted of Zart, Chuck, Bobby, Noah, and a few other boys. As everyone started to conversate with each other while they ate, I just sat there picking my food; only taking a few bites. Noticing my odd behavior, Zart spoke up,
    "Y/n? You feeling okay?" I looked up, quickly meeting his concerned eyes.
    "Huh? Oh yeah, Im fine. I just miss my mans..." I frowned, starting to rant about how I missed Newt and that I wouldn't be able to survive a whole day without him by my side. The boys snorted in disbelief.

    "You'll be fine, your loverboy is coming back a few minutes before dinner. You'll probably be the first person he goes to." Zart cut my rant off early, rolling his eyes in the process.
My eyes began to shimmer, as a new motivation filled me. I smiled, as I looked down at my plate and placing the food in my mouth.

    Hours passed by since we had lunch, most of the gladers already bing dismissed by the keeper of their job. Being one of those people, I walked around the glade with no thought in mind besides the fact that my mind screaming,
I miss Newt...
My clinginess began to take over my body, as I began walking towards a group of gladers. As soon as I reached them, eyes fell on me.
    "Hey, what's up y/n!?" a random boy asked me.
I sighed, "I miss Newt, like why did he have to leave me alone, I could've helped him with his tasks! I don't even know what he's doing that could be taking him the whole day to do! And Alby took him before I got my daily morning kisses!!" I complained, causing all the boys to chuckle at my distress.

    "Sounds like you're really going through it..."
"I AM!" I retorted quickly, turning my body away from them. Feeling a bit of pity towards me, they decided to go to the homestead early so we can sit around and play a few games to ease my mind. Playing tic tac toe, and other simple games, dinner arrived a bit quicker. Feeling myself really hungry, I rushed to get in line and grab my food, boys quickly following after.

    Having my plate in hand, I sat own at my usual table waiting for the rest of the boys. One by one, each boy had arrived including the boy I had missed the whole entire day. I beamed at him, as he gave me a peak on my head.
    "Sorry you couldn't wake up to your usual morning kisses, Alby wanted me to work as early as possible..." He apologized, taking a seat right next to me.
     "It's okay!" I said, shoving food into my mouth right after.
     "Thank God, you're here Newt! Your girlfriend kept complaining about how she misses you and how she was going to die if you didn't come back to her in the next hour or so! She was literally talking my ears off!" Chuck exclaimed loudly, as most of the gladers I complained to agreed.

    Turning my head to Newt, he had a smug smile on his face. I deadpan, as I ignored everything else, not taking my eyes off my food. Finishing quickly I told the boys,
    "Alright, I'm finished. I'm quite tired so I'll be heading to bed now...!" I spoke softly with a hint of happiness. Newt noded towards them and caught up to me. He turned to me with the same smug smile. I knew that face all too well, as I sped up my pace up the stairs and into the hallway but Newt quickly caught up once again.

    "So... I heard you missed me?" He teased.
    "What? Me, miss you? Could never.." I reply.
Hearing my response, he rolled his eyes, this time him going ahead of me into the room first. I quickly followed hoping to catch up to him.
    "Wait! Okay, yeah, fine! I missed you, I even told every single glader in my eyesight that! And yes, I'm mad that I didn't get my morning kisses." I grumbled.

    All Newt did was smile at me as he made his way towards me, grabbing my waist pulling me into a kiss. I kissed him back, smiling into the kiss.
    "Does that make up for this morning?"
I nodded into his chest as I stayed in his arms, sleep slowing taking over me.