[Minho] "So that's why you were gone, huh." [3]

(this one is more rushed sorry!)

My body began to slowly rise awake as I heard the guffaws of other Gladers outside my room. I groaned, sitting up straight to rub my eyes. My eyes still  weren't wide awake, nor my body yet as I still began to process waking up. I sat by my bedside, stretching as I let out a loud yawn, then finally getting up to walk towards my closet. The day felt so normal, that in my mind I felt like something was missing. As I opened the closet door to take some of my clothes out, I started to realize what was already so odd about my day.
Minho hadn't come to wake me up.
But why of all days he would forget to wake me up on such a random day? Something in my mind told me that this day wasn't just any ordinary day, it was special, but I couldn't recall anything of how a day like this would mean something later on.
I placed my old clothes into the closet, shutting the closet tightly  and made my way to the door. Unexpectedly, a familiar blonde boy opened the door quickly before I could. I took a step back as I let out a small scream, my body frozen in shock until I had realize it was Newt standing right in front of me.
"Ha, didn't mean to scare ya there." Newt chuckled, putting his hands on his hips, tilting his head lower down to talk to me. "Rise n' shine, Greenie! Ready to head to the Garden?"
"Oh, yeah I'm ready." I stuttered, forcing the words to come out of my mouth. "But wait, no breakfast from Frypan today?"
Newt's face became foggy, then snapped back to reality as if he remembered his own script.
"Oh well, not for today! Guess you just gotta wait till lunchtime. Sucks for us."
He grabbed my hand and shut the door behind me. We walked through the halls then made our way outside, where I had just remembered another question I was going to ask Newt.
"Hey, Newt." I lifted my head up, clearing my throat. "Have you seen Minho anywhere? He didn't come in to wake me up today."
"Oh, uh.." Newt stopped walking for a second, his hands still on his hips. He gazed up at the sky as he was ruminating for an answer in mind.
Newt turned his head towards me. "I think he just went to the Maze early this day."
I nodded, feeling relieved at the response I've received . "Mm, makes sense." I sighed, feeling a bit upset I didn't have the chance to see Minho this morning. As for last night, I've been eager to wake up in the morning just to see Minho by my bedside. But now that he wasn't here to awake me, things just felt the same as before.
Before me and Minho started to get along. Before he began to come wake me up every morning, planting kisses on my forehead.
As we reached the Garden, Zart came to greet me once again with an open hug. I wasn't in quite the mood to show much of my energy. This time, I only hugged him real quick, and I turned around to wave bye to Newt, then went on with my job.
Work was enervating, as it was tedious as always. But for some reason, work felt even more soulless than it already was. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and grunted, getting up from my awkward crouching position.
"I'm going for a quick bathroom break." I announced, opening the gate just by walking through it. My voice sounded more groggy than I thought it would be as I left the Garden.
But instead of heading to the bathroom, I lazily roamed around the Glade as I didn't want anything else to do with Gardening. As I sluggishly walked to nowhere, I overheard rambling between what seemed like two other Gladers.
"But what do you mean we don't have chocolate chips!" One yelled out, sounding familiar.
"I told you for the fourth time, we don't own any 'cause there's nowhere in the Glade that carries them. If you needed chocolate chips, you would have to ask the Creators, which I guarantee you won't get you any." The other Glader chortled loudly, loud enough to hear from 20 feet away. I lifted my head off from the ground, as one of the Gladers was Frypan. The other one I couldn't make out what he looked like, as Frypan was completely blocking my vision.
Maybe I can get a quick lunch break aswell?
I started to quickly walk towards Frypan's kitchen. Hoping I could see the other Glader, Frypan immediately turned around as he heard footsteps coming his way.
"Huh? Who's there!" Frypan blurted out as he turned around, thrusting his body toward the other Glader. "Oh, hey Y/n!" Frypan said with a hint of worriedness in his voice, but he still somehow managed to sound ecstatic how he always is. "Um, just take some food."
He awkwardly attempted to move toward the counter as he still tried to hide whoever was behind him. I stood up on my tippy toes, moving my body side to side to see who was behind Frypan. But he kept on circling around the unknown person as I tried to get a better peak.
"What are you hiding?" I ask, standing back down with my hands balled into fists. My voice was beginning to sound irritated over Frypan's unusual behavior.
"Um, I have to hold this big bucket of.. Oil! But I don't want to drop it because. . . It will spill..?" Frypan said with his voice shrill, with a poor attempt to smile.
I shook my head in irritation. "Yeah, whatever. I don't have time for this klunk." I randomly picked up a half-bitten sandwich from the counter which was wrapped in Saran wrap, then stormed out of the room.
No one has really bothered me at all today, but for some reason my blood was boiling in fury.
I had started to walk back to the Garden, this time walking with a bit of ease filling my body now. Instead of going back to the Garden to continue my job, I decided to sit by the fence which was in front of the Garden. The fence was tall enough for Zart and the others to not spot me as I ate my already-eaten sandwich, bored out of my mind until I started to think about something else.
That I couldn't understand myself.
Why was I so moody today? Nothing bad really had happened throughout the day, why am I upset at everything? The only thing that was remotely close to making my day horrible was Minho not being able to show up.
Minho was not able to show up in the morning.
God, maybe that was why I was so stressed out today. I did understand that he had to be in the Maze, but why so earlier in the morning than how he usually wakes up?
I took another bite out of my sandwich, dozing off to the plain grassy floor with no thoughts flowing through my mind. I soon began to hear footsteps coming my way, but I didn't care to even look up at whoever was talking to me.
"Y/n?" A voice called to me. I lifted my head up and turned around to see Minho standing there right next to me, with his hands behind his back. My eyes widened in shock, yet in pure joy.
"Minho!" I blurted out as my mind controlled me to get up, it all felt so sudden.
Minho had been running in the Maze, but the way he appeared didn't seem as so. His hair was nicer than the other days I've seen him, and he was also fitted into what seemed like new clothes.
"Oh wow. It doesn't seem like you just got out of the Maze." I smiled as I checked him out, taking another bite out of the sandwich.
"Yeah well, that's because I wasn't in the Maze."
I tilted my head in confusion. "Then where were you this entire time? I swear, I think I've been moody all day just because I didn't see you at all!"
Minho shook his head and chuckled at me. "I was with Frypan. I don't think your shuck-brain was smart enough to figure out it was me, huh?" His voice suddenly became more soothing as I talked to him more.
"So that's why you were gone, huh."
Minho nodded, and we both exchanged awkward glances that we both knew were filled with fondness for each other. Minho then finally broke the silence and cleared his throat. "Uh, I know this seems unexpected of me but.." he moved his hands away from his back, revealing a small bag of cookies in both of his hands.
"I don't remember what it's called, but I remember back in my old life we used to call it.."
"Valentine's Day?" I answered, spotting the heart-shaped cookies with a huge smile on my face. I don't remember the last time anybody has treated me this way. Now that it was coming from Minho, there were lots of feelings stirring in my stomach.
"Yeah, I think so." Minho scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment, waiting for a response until he realized I wasn't going to say anything.
"Happy Valentine's Day, you ugly shank." He smiled softly as I rolled my eyes, letting the joke flow through. I couldn't think about what I should say first, my mind was stuck at either bursting into tears or kissing him.
"Thank you, Minho." I murmured, taking the small bag of cookies from his hands. As I took a closer look at them, it appeared that there werent any chocolate chips in the cookies at all.
"Sorry. I was a bit upset that we found out later on that there wasn't any chocolate chips."
"So you were the one rambling as I was walking around in the Glade?"
Minho's face reddened in shame. "I guess."
I giggled at the sight of his face filled with embarrassment. We both decided to sit down, laying our bodies near the fence as we shared the cookies together.
"Mm, wow. This tastes great actually. Kind of weird saying this knowing there isn't any chocolate." I said, with my mouth full.
Minho just nodded, he didn't take one glance at me at all. I was starting to think if maybe I humiliated him too much. But it wasn't intentionally, of course.
I chewed on my cookies, admiring the bright blue sky as I waited for Minho to say something to me. As I realized that Minho wouldn't end up saying anything for the rest of the time until lunch had begin, I was only slightly disappointed. The thought about what possible conversations we could have had. The thought about us maybe kissing, all of it felt so misleading.
As lunch began, other Gladers all piled up to Frypan's kitchen, some scattered in groups. Minho turned his head to me, and scooted closer to where our hands were touching. I felt his hands slowly moving up my cheek, and as soon as I knew it, he went in for a kiss. One that was long, and more passionate than the forehead kisses he gives me in the morning. I let go of the kiss and smiled at him, knowing I was humiliated inside. Many of the Gladers were near us most likely watching the both of us.
"So you feel comfortable now, do you?" I ask, but I wasn't angry, all I felt was pure joy stirring inside my stomach just by looking at his soft, admirable eyes.
"Maybe." Minho paused for a moment, but he didn't continue until I spoke up.
"Why do you have to show me off?" I scoff, chuckling at him.
Minho leaned into me,
"So everybody in the Glade knows you're mine."
My heart skipped a beat as he whispered to me. Minho leaned in closer and kissed me again. His arm wrapped  around my back, pulling me closer into the kiss. Then, I heard him mumble a few words. A few words I couldn't make out, but there was no doubt in my mind figuring what he said to me.
"I love you."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*