[Minho] You're late to work, shank! [2]

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚*:..。o○
I slowly started to open my eyes as I saw the illuminating sun shining throughout my whole room. The sun was too glaring for this time of day, usually I would wake up by time the sun is starting to rise. I closed my eyes again, ignoring it until I thought a bit deeper.
Then it hit me.
I was late for my job.
But my body didn't react to my sudden shock of panic, as I was too drowsy to even move a muscle.
Get up!
I shout to myself inside my head, but my body still refuses to move. Soon I heard booming footsteps coming towards my room, and each step was even louder and louder until someone barged into my room.
"Y/N!" Minho bawled, and my reflexes began to wake up. I shot up the bed in fright, and his eyes focused on me in panic. "Minho!" I shrieked, as my head turned to get a better look of him.
Minho's whole body was sweating and even sweat marks appeared under his armpits and his neck. His face was most likely burning with a bright red from running to my room in trepidation.
"Where the shuck have you been? Zart and the others haven't seen you anywhere!" Minho's face began to madly turn into exasperation.
"I— Um.."
"Get your buggin' butt up and get ready for work! Don't ya remember what Order is?"
"Um, yes." I got up from my bed hesitantly, making my way to my closet where Minho walked furiously towards me, grabbing me by the shirt.
"Order is an important part of this Glade, and it's been like that ever since." He whispered, in a soft stern voice. "And if you or any other Gladers don't follow that rule, there will be consequences. You got that, shank?"
I moved my head away towards Minho as he spoke to me, my eyes forcefully shut as I felt a bit of spit flying towards my face.
"Yes.." I mumbled, my eye still completely shut. Only this time my body was frozen in fear.
"You got that?" Minho raised his voice again for confirmation.
"Yes!" I shouted back, as my voice felt shaky from the fear stirring inside of me. Minho let go of my shirt and settled me down where I finally had the freedom to move on my own again. He took a few steps back, putting his hands on his hips and tapping his foot as a sign that he was impatiently waiting for me.
As my body still trembled in fear, I opened the closet door slowly, taking whatever clothes I could find. I didn't care about my style or how I dressed this time for right now, as it felt like Minho was threatening me.
Then all of a sudden, Minho approached me again, this time he did it quickly. Minho looked at me straight in the eyes, putting both of his hands on my face, as he tilted his head slightly and kissed me unexpectedly. Feeling his surprisingly warm hands tightening my cheeks made my heart flutter. It stayed like that for a few seconds, until I realized how deeply he kissed me.
Minho soon let go, he gazed into my eyes as he gave me a look of regretfulness.
"Sorry, shank." Minho whispered so only I could hear him speak. "Didn't mean to scare ya. I was just. . . Worried, that's all."
My lips formed a smile as he reassured me, and he did too.
"It's okay, it was my fault for waking up late." I simpered, letting out a small chuckle.
Minho sighed in relief. "Alright then, if that's what it is. I'll wait for you outside and I'll walk you to the Garden, is that fine?"
"But don't you have—"
"Good that." He nodded, as he let go of my face—heading out the door, shutting it carefully.
I felt a sudden craze of love stir inside me as he left. The whole thing made me realize something else I didn't figure out about myself.
That I was most likely in-love with Minho.
The door made a wide creaking sound as I opened it, and to my surprise I saw Minho standing there right in front of me.
"You ready now?" He asked, and I nodded contentedly, feeling ease in my body knowing that Minho was settled down now.
We walked to the Garden, but this time instead of rushing we took our time. Mostly since we were having small conversations here and there—some where it made us lose track of where we were going because of how we were too busy laughing our butts off.
Eventually, we made it to the Garden where everybody, including Zart, turned around to see me and Minho standing together.
"Ah, there she is!" Zart said, breaking the silence. He grunted as he standed back up from crouching, and walked towards me. "Took you a while to get here, did it?" Zart let out a small laugh, which made my stomach feel sheepish.
"Yeah. Shank woke up late today for some apparent reason." Minho joined into the conversation, also laughing along with Zart.
"Yeah, yeah, alright. That's fine by me, just one day isn't it?" Zart asked, with his hands on his hips as he tilted his head down to face me.
"Yup," I nodded. "Just one day. Won't happen again though, I promise." I gave off an awkward smile to Zart, and in return he gave me a small, gentle smile.
"Better not." Minho commented, patting my back. "Welp, see you later Shank."
"Okay, see ya." Zart put his hand on my back and took the lead as Minho began to walk away. As Zart led me away to Minho, I looked back to see if Minho was still there.
And he was.
Giving me the most gentle, and soft smile he's ever given to anyone before. It looked as if he was admiring me. But what is there about me to even admire about? That I'm the only girl in the Glade who doesn't know what's going on half the time?
Minho and I exchanged looks for a bit until Zart noticed. As Minho saw Zart immediately looking at him Minho nodded, and then really walked away from sight.
I never had the chance to tell Minho why I had woken up late to work that day. That one hell-of-a-night kept me awake for as long as it did, as I was contemplating my feelings about Minho.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚*:..。o○