"𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚, 𝐦𝐦𝐦, 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞?"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

(Song for the chapter up top ^^)

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄. Her dad sighed as he made himself comfortable pulling her close into his side. "On this very day, October twenty third in the year of nineteen ninety three, at this exact time, two thirty ante meridiem, I laid eyes on my Little Angel ," He began like he did every year.

Ophelia smiled tiredly, tucking her head into his shoulder.

"I remember it like it was yesterday, I had a concert up in Kentucky, I was running late, Marty was ridin' up my butt about catching our flight, until I got a page from the hospital. I called your mom and sped on down, must've caught a ticket or two , and there you were in your little cot, wrapped in pink," he sighed, "And you were so beautiful, a bit too small because you were too eager to face the world, but so perfect. And when I held you first time, it brought a tear to my eye. When your mama held you for the first time you grew a little fussy and as she held you close she began to sing a song—how did that song go again?"

Ophelia giggled slightly and began to sing, "Boards by the window, mail by the door why would anybody leave so quickly for? Ophelia, mmm, where have you gone?"

"That's right, it hit me then, Ophelia Shae Stewart, my little Angel," he kissed her head, "You were perfect then and you're perfect now, your mama would be so proud of where you are, just like I am."

Ophelia locked her hands around his arm and cuddled into his side. "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

~~~~

"Happy birthday!" Miley and Jackson yelled the moment Ophelia came downstairs dressed for the day. She beamed at them.

"How does it feel?" Jackson drew her into a side hug. "Being a teenager?"

"I feel an ever looming sense of dread, for my inevitable decent into madness," she sighed and Jackson squeezed her shoulder.

"Well you've already got the angst down," he released her and Miley tackled her into a tight hug.

"Ugh! I am so excited! Happy Birthday, baby," She pressed her cheek against her sister's, "Today is gonna be so great!" She jumped up and down with Ophelia, "It's Friday, so a half day which gives us all day to have fun," she clapped her hands.

"Birthday flap jacks first!" Their dad called from the stove, "chocolate chip pan cakes, with my special caramel drizzle, because my baby don't like maple syrup, with your regular pop tart indulgence," he placed a plate of birthday cake shaped pan cakes on her side of the table with her brown sugar pop tarts on the side.