walking away

This isn't much of a chapter but I feel lost, depressed and sad - way too sad.

23 years ago, I was newly pregnant & stumbled upon a used cd store.  The owner, Scott, was sweet, kind and his wife was pregnant too.  We bonded over being nerds, sci-fi & video games. 

Years later, Scott passed away from a heart attack.  Missing him, I did what any semi-normal person would do, I started to work for the company.  I have worked with them for close to 3 1/2 years.

The owner of the store (he who shall not be named), was going to sell it to Joe & another manager.  For whatever reasons, Mr Idiot Owner decided to fire them instead.  Most of the store walked out with them, we are loyal to our friends and even tho everyone is scrambling to find new jobs now... loyalty is key here.

I've gone from working full time to only 2 days a week & the little bit of money I earn has paid for my laptop, gaming systems, concerts, vacations & paying off credit cards.  Recently, I got to see Suga/AgustD in Chicago because of my part time job there.  In 1 week, my son & I are going to see Mamamoo as well.

So, I quit.  I have left a job with a company that I loved, I was in charge of myself, able to work my own times & able to jam out to my kpop play lists in the back room.  I loved my job.  But knowing the Asshole Owner unfairly fired 2 amazing people & so many other friends were loyal but are going to start over with entry-level jobs... there was no way I could stay there.

So I quit.  I'm banned from the stores now, which I find hysterical... like I'd give them my business... but I feel lost, I feel scared & depression is trying to drag me into darkness.