I'm a Grandma!

It's 9:30am.  I'm getting dressed to take my son to work and he's scrambling to find his belt and put on deodorant.  It's a beautiful morning so the patio door is open and fresh catnip put down for the kitten to nosh on.  Holly is chittering at the birds and omg! was that a chipmunk?  Her day has been made.  Bella has eaten her catnip mound and is chilling on the kitty condo, riding the high out.  I look over to Dizzy's pillow where she spends her days, she is an elderly calico now after all and deserves a pillow to observe her kingdom properly.

Dizzy is making little puff noises (you all know those adorable little huffs they make when they're shifting positions).  She looks a bit disturbed, more than her usual state (she IS calico ya know).  My son and I pause in our preparations to watch the miracle of birth.  It was beautiful.  

She had been sitting on her football egg for a day now and it was finally time.  I quietly leaned over the back of her throne, aka recliner, to give her asthma medication.  It's a creme that is administered to her inner ear for absorption.  I was trying not to disturb her nesting but when I saw a tiny tip of the football peeking out, I was overjoyed.

As we watched, she shifted a little and that football seemed to announce itself to the world, popping out in all its glory.  Dizzy promptly licked the football clean and gnawed on it a little - no doubt welcoming it to the living room.  The football rolled around for a second then nestled right up against its Momma, craving her warmth and protection.  Little bugger may not have her coloring, but it shares her shape.

Our larger fluffy Packer football was watching closely from its place on the shelf.  I dare say it looked extremely proud of its little one.  We are able to confirm this football is indeed a pure bred, as it also has the amazing Packer logo on it.  Dizzy doesn't care if it's pure bred or not, she loves her little football with all of her calico heart.

We made offerings of kitty treats to the Packer Football Gods, praying the football doesn't take after it's mother too much.  As we already have 2 calicos in the house and a Gemini, this apartment can't handle any more crazy.

Mother and football are currently resting and doing good.