Chapter 1: You Never Know, Which Way The Ride Could Take You

Because I don't trust Tim's writing in general, I decided "Screw it! EJ deserves better writing. Time to (un)officially shove EJ to other fandoms and be adopted by his found family!"

This story may contain massive spoilers (that I haven't covered, oof I'm sorry) for my two fanfics '#Love Is In The Air' (#LIITA for short) and 'Starburst' for the post-HSMTMTS season 3 finale. Random stuff to add in before we head into this story (sorry, I tend to ramble a lot): -

~> Val has an appearance in this HSMTMTS season 3 finale. She was the head choreographer and casting director. But I supposed her being busy with college is enough for her to decline the offer of joining.

~> Evan and Jerry are my OCs for #LIITA and they're longtime friends with EJ from Shallow Lake (alongside the #LIITA mentioned members). They act as the Co-Stage Managers for 'Frozen' and technicians/stagehands. Val and the twins carpooled to make the trip.

~> Calix is Cress's older sister. She's the same age as Miss Jenn and takes on the role of the Adult Co-Director for the Frozen Docu-Series. Because someone needs to be there for EJ to handle the stress and kick Channing in the rear end.

Disclaimer: I do not own #Roxy, Secrets of Sulphur Springs, High School Musical: The Musical Series or all the other offscreen mentioned fandoms. Ten and Jeonghan are from 'Weightless' and they belong to my friend @zealous_light, I only own my Original Characters. With that being said, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — — —

After the unveiling of the Frozen Documentary Trailer, needless to say it was a dumpster fire spiraling out of control.

All no thanks to poor editing and Channing framing things to be entirely out of context.

"What the FUDGE did I just watch??" A girl with curly dyed blonde hair (Cress Kormos) exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air. The stress ball in her hands had slipped out and hit Ricky Bowen in the arm.

"How am I not even surprised..." A Thai-American teen (Ten) had his face buried in his hands.

"Oh god, we should not have signed that release." Ashlyn spoke.

"Oh dear, this is not what I signed up for..." Corbin Bleu mumbled to himself.

"You're only realizing this was all a bad idea now?" Ten looked up from his hands and grumbled.

"Channing was gonna doom the docuseries from the start. I mean the guy worked for shady and questionable adult reality tv shows before." One of the Shallow Lake campers (Evan Chan) raised a hand, looking uneasy and paranoid.

"Kid's got a point. Who's to say he hadn't thought of or tried wiring the cabins to get more undercover juicy footage?" An older woman (Cress's older sister Calix) commented.

Everyone else let the words sink in before their faces went pale at that remark. That mere idea was enough to make their skins crawl.

"He wouldn't...He signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement!" Corbin's voice faltered, not even sounding convinced of himself.

"He attempted to sabotage the play halfway AND livestreamed it on his social media. We have the evidence caught on camera. I think we can agree it's plausible." Another teen (Jerry Chan) interjected.

"Can we add 'sue Channing for Defamation' into our to-do list?" Cress wonders out loud, "All those in favor, say 'aye'."

A slew of hands went up in unison. (Even Corbin Bleu himself!)

"I'm gonna call Seb." Carlos stood up and excused himself.

"I'm calling Big Red." Ashlyn followed suit.