Chapter 4: Pictures of You, Pictures of Me (Remind Us All of What We Used to Be)

We are finally in episode 1 of Secrets of Sulphur Springs, I'm so excited to let you all see what I have in store. This one's gonna be Family/Friendship focused we're gonna see a bit more of EJ's relationship with the Campbell family.

Song to listen to while reading this chapter: 'Pictures of You' by Our Last Goodbye (one of my favorite songs that I drew inspiration for the chapter title)

Disclaimer: I do not own Secrets of Sulphur Springs, High School Musical: The Musical Series or all the other offscreen mentioned fandoms. Ten and Jeonghan are from 'Weightless' and they belong to my friend @zealous_light, I only own my Original Characters. With that being said, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — —

The weather was dark and gloomy with a storm on the horizon. Instead of staying indoors, 3 kids found themselves in front of the (allegedly) abandoned old hotel.

"Do you really think this place is haunted?" One boy spoke out, his voice a little shaky with uncertainty. The three preteens were standing on the front porch of the hotel.

"Only one way to find out." A taller boy (Nate) refuted.

"Unless you're too scared..." The girl (Quinn) mocked the first boy.

"I'm not." Topher scoffed, attempting to sound more confident.

"Go ahead, Topher. Come on, look inside..." Nate nudged his classmate closer to the porch.

"I dare you." Quinn taunted.

Topher edged closer to the window by the front porch. Slowly, he wiped the dust off the window and peered in.

Inside, he saw the silhouette of a young girl with a ponytail.

And then the girl lets out a piercing scream accompanied by loud thunder.

Topher stumbled back and away from the window. That was when he heard another scream from within the house.

"RUN! SAVANNAH'S ALREADY GOT A TARGET IN THERE!" Topher alerted his classmates. The three trespassers fled from the old hotel.

— — — —

Inside the Tremont Hotel

— — — —

Zoey reached for and switched on the table lamp to see who grabbed her foot.

"WYATT!!" Zoey yelled, realizing it was her brother under the table.

Zoey (and Topher who was outside) wasn't the only one who screamed. Apparently, Griffin and Wyatt forgot to give EJ the memo they were going to prank Zoey, because her screams (and the lack of lighting) also gave him a fright.

"Got you so good!" Wyatt laughed, running around holding a phone.

"Are you streaming this?!" Zoey demanded, chasing her twin brother around.

"Kids, slow down!" Sarah called out from the other room, trying to find her missing phone, "Has anyone seen my phone?"

"Didn't see it, Mrs C." Cress responded, cleaning the dining tables.

"Not upstairs either!" Ten announced, leaving the room he and his two friends will be bunking for the time being. He had just gotten off the phone with his parents and reassured them that he and his friends had reached Sulphur Springs safely.

Eventually the twins ran into their mother.

"Is that my phone?" the older woman frowned, taking her phone away from her son's hands.