Chapter 2: When You Walk Out of the Doorway, It's Just the Place to Start

Welcome back to another monthly installment of "Something in the Summer Wind". This part is technically 'Part 2' of the prologue/first chapter. EJ, Ten and Cress are ready to leave Hollywood, watch what happens next.

Disclaimer: I do not own #Roxy, Secrets of Sulphur Springs, High School Musical: The Musical Series or all the other offscreen mentioned fandoms. Ten and Jeonghan (alongside Stephen, Chanhee & Kevin), are from 'Weightless' and they belong to my friend @zealous_light, I only own my Original Characters. With that being said, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Once EJ's done calling his aunt Sarah, he returns to find Gina and Ricky already gone (probably taking the next leap in their relationship, EJ bitterly thinks)

"There's a backdoor entrance by the janitor's closet. If you hurry, you can get to the carpark before the rest of the guests pour in." Calix informed the teens.

"Love you, Cal." Cress gave her older sister a quick hug, before leading EJ and Ten out of the room.

"This way!" Val opened up a door and called out.

"I had Cy hacked into the security footage right now, and he just told us the rest of the audience aren't within the same area we're heading." Jerry checked his phone.

Cyrus Nollan was one of the many campers of Shallow Lake. He's got a reputation for being a notorious hacker and his (literal) large nose.

"Good, because the paparazzi are invasive." His twin sister agreed with him. "Remember how the camp was swarmed with fangirls when Channing leaked Ten and a few of Gadget's friends as K-pop stars in hiding?"

Ten shuddered at the bad memory of getting pestered by random strangers. It took Cress, her brother, and a couple of kid proteges to scare the fangirls away.

"You had Cyrus hack into the House of Mouse?" Val questioned with a hint of despair in her tone.

"Should I be concerned that your friend can hack into Hollywood all the way from Wellard?" Ten pondered, having a very similar thought as Val.

"No time to unpack right now, if you don't want to be swarmed by hungry vultures." Cress nudged Ten from behind and urged him to get a move on.

"Why are you not surprised at this point?" Evan deadpans at her friends. "Cyrus and our other friend Kath would jokingly try to hack into the Pentagon. FOR FUN!"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Jerry nodded solemnly, before his voice trailed off in a hushed tone, "Here's to hoping he won't get in trouble with the law.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Moments later

EJ and his friends were about to make it to the backdoor when a sad voice called out from behind them.

"You're leaving?" It belonged to EJ's cousin, Ashlyn.

"Yeah...I don't really think I can stay here." EJ replied.

"We're going for our Senior Year Road trip." Cress added, putting a hand on EJ's shoulder protectively.

"And Ten's basically allergic to social interactions," The shorter girl wrapped another hand around Ten's arm.

"Where will you go?" Ashlyn asked, crestfallen that her cousin was just going to leave but could understand why. The past few weeks at camp had been bad, and returning back to SLC just made things worse.