Chapter 5: Morning Mayhem

Welcome back to another monthly installment of "Something in the Summer Wind". In other words, let's just say the first morning in Tremont Hotel isn't quite like how its new residents had in mind.

Disclaimer: I do not own Secrets of Sulphur Springs, High School Musical: The Musical Series or all the other offscreen mentioned fandoms. Ten and Jeonghan are from 'Weightless' and they belong to my friend @zealous_light, I only own my Original Characters. With that being said, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — —

One of the first things you should know about Elton John Caswell is that he's a very early riser. One of the first to wake up actually.

Sometimes, EJ questions his friends' sleeping habits, but he's grown to adjust and love them for it. Ten is the most flexible guy EJ has ever known and somehow his sleeping position can be compared to a complex yoga move. Also, Cress sleepwalks. And on occasions, she sleep-talks and recites horror movie lines while sleeping.

That is, until Ten's morning alarm started ringing loudly on his phone.

Unfortunately, EJ forgot Ten has incredible and swift reflexes. The tall teen was unfortunately sitting up and did NOT anticipate Ten switching off his alarm...with his leg. Ten's leg casually knocked EJ right over the head.

"Wow, morning entertainment!" Cress exclaimed, not even bothering to hide her grin at her two guy friends.

"What time is it?" Wyatt drawled in a tired tone.

"It's...6:45 am." EJ read the time on the shared alarm clock.

"It's too early!" Zoey groaned, burying her face with the pillows.

"I don't wanna go to school!" Wyatt whined.

"Wy, we're only starting school tomorrow." Zoey corrected her twin brother.

"Sorry Caswell, natural reflex." Ten let out a yawn, still a bit tired.

"Albeit too natural." EJ stifled a wounded groan, still doubling over in pain.

"I'm awake!" Griffin got up at the sound of Ten's alarm clock.

"Ugh! Morning people!" Wyatt grunted, covering his ears with his pillow.

"Kids, oh I see you're awake." A pair of voices called out from outside the door.

"Please tell me you just got here." Griffin grimaced at his parents, his cousin must be mortified enough that he got whacked over the head by his friend.

"Breakfast is almost ready. Could you help set the table, kids?" Ben notified the children. He rushed off when he heard the sound of the kettle boiling.

"On it, Mr C." Cress nodded her head. What sort of guest would she be if she doesn't help out the generous hosts?

"I'm gonna go wash my face first," Ten finished folding his blankets, and headed to the bathroom. Seconds after, he reached up and grabbed the towel off the hanging rack...with his right foot.

Is that even possible?

The Campbell siblings had looks of disbelief at Ten's immense reflexes.

"Ok, now you're just showing off." EJ jokingly grumbled.

"You should get changed too, Griff. Wouldn't wanna be late on your first day of school." Sarah turned her attention to her eldest son.

"We could just skip school today and go tomorrow." Griffin hummed, hoping to convince his mom otherwise. I mean, the twins aren't even starting school today! Why couldn't he join them by skipping out?