Chapter. 10 : emergency

It's been relaxing after her first, main successful mission as (Y/n) could finally relax, leaning on the chair, her shoulders lowered in relief.

She spaced out a bit before sitting up straight and poured herself a cup of tea. "You seem so calm today" said one of her colleagues as she walked pass her desk "yeah because my first mission was successful" praising herself proudly, she looked out the window, drinking her tea.

'maybe I should consider buying a raccoon' she thought, before focusing back on her desk and examine the files. The cop couldn't help but replay her first mission in her mind, it's been barely a week since then, each time she recalled her performance, a smile out of amusement bloomed on her face.

She did amazing in her first mission

But it was not just her

Her pleased expression fell in irritation as she pouted, remembering that there was a certain someone who had a great role in her mission, a spikey haired detective.

Were it not for Ranpo, she wouldn't know how her mission could go, or if she would complete it successfully.

'....i guess I'll thank him next time...if I haven't already' brushing the thought off, she opened her laptop, doing the documents. It was just another regular day.

Or so she thought

(Y/n) had just started working when the telephone of the police station rang, she instantly picked up "hello, police station of Yokohama how can I help you?" She said the sentence all in one go in a nervous way, but kept her cool regardless.

However what she heard from behind the line was the least she expected

"(Y/n), is that you?" A very familiar voice spoke in a serious way, the (h/c) haired girl felt goosebumps, dumbfounded "you!? Why- ...." She sighed before continuing "yeah it's me, how can I help you sir?" She put up a sweet expression smiling closed eyes, as if pretending she doesn't know the one behind the line.

"It's an emergency" Ranpo spoke, his tone still as serious. "Emergency?" The girl blinked, slowly began to get alerted "I can't explain, come to the location I'll send you, now" he added, his words made the cop even more confused.

"Hey wait a second what do you mea-!?" But before she could finish her sentence, the automatic, repeating sound interrupted her.

'He hung up!?'

"What did that mean...ugh!" Irritatedly smashed the phone as she hung up, standing up from her desk, walking to the exit door in heavy, rather fast steps. "Oi (Y/n)-san, where are you-" she interrupted her colleague "sorry can't explain, tell officer Minoura that I had a sudden task up!" With that, she closed the door behind her, leaving her colleagues in confusion.

'that oh-so-cool deTective!' she thought, but it wasn't in a despised way, she was worried. The train of her thoughts was interrupted by the sound of the notification she just got

It was from Ranpo

"The location!" She observed the map quickly before rushing to her destination.

'you better don't be mocking me, clumsy best detective!'

___________________________

A/n : hi there! It's been a long while. How have you been? I hope you all still remember the plot of this book (because the main plot of this book hasn't started yet), i know the updates are late but don't worry, it's ongoing! and gosh it's the shortest chapter I've ever written, but it's been long since I updated this book so I hope you accept this short chapter for now ^^ I try to write next chapters longer.

Thank you for your patience and being loyal readers ^^

~ icy iris