Chapter III

Chapter Three - The Killings Are Starting Again

"Listen, I'll dumb it down for you."

⇝☠︎︎⇜

McKenna sat on the floor, leaning against Ethan's chair as they all watched the news, Sam walked in with a boy behind her. "I'm standing in front of the apartment building..." The reporter said.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

"Where the mutilated bodies of two students..." The reporter continued.

Quinn pointed at the guy behind Sam. "Cute boy. Nice."

"Were discovered. Their names have just been released by police. Jason Carver and Greg Bruckner." The reporter stated.

"Holy shit, that's that chode from out Film Studies class! The one obsessed with Argento." Mindy spoke up.

After Mindy said that, McKenna blocked out everything that was happening around her, instead opting for resting her head on Ethan's leg. He looked down at her and ran his fingers threw her hair softly.

Tara looked up at Sam. "Pack a bag. We leave in ten." Sam said, walking towards the kitchen.

"Sam!" Tara stood up, following after her sister. "Wait, Sam!"

"We're getting out of the city." Sam said.

"What?" The guy questioned.

Chad placed his hands on the guy's shoulders. "Thank you very much, suspicious new guy, but we go it from here." He said, pushing the guy towards the door. "Have a good night. Get home safe. Go, go, go, go."

Sam was picking through the knife block, looking for the sharpest one. "Sam. Sam, wha--" Tara cut herself out when Sam drew out a large knife. "Hold-hold on."

"Come on." Sam walked past her sister as Chad closed the door.

"No, wait, let's talk about this for a second. 'Cause this-this might not have anything to do with us." Tara stated.

"Are you serious?" Sam turned to face Tara.

McKenna sighed, rolling her eyes as she picked her head up from Ethan's leg, looking over at the two bickering sisters.

"It's a big city! It's Halloween. Everybody's wearing masks! You don't know--"

Sam cut Tara off. "Tara, this isn't a coincidence. You knew him!"

"Barely." Tara shot back.

"Chad, Mindy, Kenna, back me up." Sam turned to look at the three.

"I mean, it is a little bit..." Chad trailed, looking over at his twin.

"Close to home." Mindy finished.

"Leave me out of your sister drama." McKenna added on, giving the two a pointed look.

Sam gave the girl an exasperated look before turning to look at Tara. "See?"

Tara stared blankly at Sam before turning to look at Quinn. "Quinn, your dad's a cop, right? Can you call him and find out what's going on?" She questioned before turning on her sister again. "Before you make the unilateral decision to abandon my college education and flee the fucking state!"

Sam looked over at Quinn, who looked up from her phone. "I'm calling him now." She said as she put her phone to her ear.

"Thank you." Tara said.

Sam's phone ringing caused everyone, especially the five Woodsboro survivors to look over at it, on edge. Sam walked over to the table, placing down the knife and picking up her phone.

"Who is it?" Tara asked. Sam didn't answer, just hung up the phone.

"Why did everyone just freak out when her phone rang?" Ethan questioned.

"You got to keep up, my dude." Anika sighed.

"Listen, I'll dumb it down for you. New Ghostface killer on the loose, victim gets phone call, victim answers phone call, few minutes later, victim dies in some horrible way, like being gutted alive or having their throat slashed." McKenna said bluntly, staring at Ethan with a blank expression.

Ethan's eyes widened as he looked at the girl. "Thank you for that, Ken." He muttered.

"You're welcome." McKenna replied, giving him a sweet smile.

"Sam?" Quinn walked up to said girl. "My dad wants to talk to you." She handed her phone to Sam, who took it and placed it to her ear.

"Mr. Bailey, hi." Sam said.

"Hey, Sam. I was actually just about to call you." Bailey said.

"Well, my sister thinks I'm probably overreacting."

"No, unfortunately, you're not."

"What do you mean? What's going on?"

"I'm afraid I need you to come down to the station."

🎭🔪

Ethan had walked McKenna back to her apartment, she didn't want to be alone right now, knowing that there was another Ghostface killer out to get her and her friends. Once the two got to her apartment, McKenna pulled out her keys and unlocked her door.

The two walked in, Ethan closing the door behind them and locking it. McKenna dropped her keys on the island and took off her jacket before walking to the couch and flopping down on it. Ethan walked over, sitting down next to her.

"This sucks, Ethan. It's happening all over again and I'm not so sure if I can actually do it this time, you know? I don't know if I'm going to be able to survive it this time." McKenna whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." Ethan muttered.

McKenna looked up at Ethan with a smirk. "Did you just promise to keep me safe? The daughter of Stu Macher? Dude, if I wanted to, I could gut you alive and get away with it."

"Your dad didn't get away with it." Ethan pointed out.

"Eh, that's because he failed at killing Sidney." McKenna shrugged before looking Ethan dead in the eye. "I won't fail to kill you." She stated, being completely serious.

"You-you wouldn't actually kill me, right?" Ethan asked, backing away from the curly-haired girl a little bit.

McKenna brook her stare, laughing. "Of course not, I like you too much to kill you."

"Ah, right. Alright." Ethan nodded, still not fully convinced.

🎭🔪