Chapter X

Chapter Ten - Plot Twists

"We trusted you, McKenna!"

⇝☠︎︎⇜

"McKenna?" Ethan gasped, seeing the curly-haired girl under the mask.

"Heyyy, Ethan. Nice little surprise, huh?" McKenna questioned, staring straight at him.

"But... I... You said you would never..." Ethan trailed, he couldn't find the right words.

McKenna rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I said a lot that I didn't mean. And frankly, you told me you would always be on my side. You lied to me, Ethan." McKenna told him. "And I don't do well with people lying to me."

"You... You're the one who stabbed me." Ethan muttered, he was genuinely hurt about that realization.

McKenna scoffed. "Jesus, grow up, man. You were gonna kill me, I just took matters into my own hands. I knew it was you, Bailey, and Quinn all along, but I had to act dumb for my own sake. To keep myself undercover." She explained.

"How did you know?" Tara spoke up.

"Pfft, it was easy. Quinn and Ethan are terrible at hiding their costumes. I found them, knew it was them, I had already planned on killing you guys anyways, but I thought, 'hey, if Quinn and Ethan are the killers as well, then why can't I have a little fun before I kill them?' One thing led to another, and I soon learned that Bailey was helping them." McKenna started.

"I don't understand. I thought--"

McKenna cut Ethan off. "You thought wrong. I only acted like I liked you, I didn't actually, gosh, for being a killer, you are really easy to manipulate." She laughed, starting to circle Ethan.

"We trusted you, McKenna." Sam spat as she followed McKenna with her eyes.

"What was your motive?" Bailey questioned, finally speaking up.

"Me? My motive? Oh, my only motive was that my dad is Stu Macher, you know, I see him, I talk to him. He's actually really interesting to have a conversation with, even though he's technically dead and it's all in my head." McKenna told them.

"We trusted you, McKenna!" Sam repeated.

The curly-haired girl scoffed. "Please, trust is overrated. You need excitement in your life, and this was the perfect way to do it. Now, I know, I wasn't in on their little plan, but I made my own revolving around theirs, and look, it worked out perfectly." She laughed, walking up to Ethan, who was staring at her with an unreadable expression. "Oh, poor, sweet, Ethan, well, not as sweet as he made himself out to be." She said, running her knife along his face.

"You're a bitch." Ethan muttered, staring directly at her.

McKenna laughed. "Oh, trust me, I know. But, you actually liked me, and that was a problem, seeing as I planned to kill you," She said before pointing at Quinn, "and you, you," She pointed at Bailey, "you, and you." She pointed at the sisters. "I was also gonna kill Chad and Mindy, but you two got to them before I did, so, kudos for that, really, nicely done, especially with Chad." McKenna said, wrapping an arm around Ethan's shoulders, the tip of her knife now resting under his chin. "But, Quinn, you should've slit Mindy's throat on the train, because now, she's at the hospital, and she's gonna be alright."

"Fuck you." Quinn gritted.

"Oooh! Quinn coming in hot with the curses, too bad they don't do anything to me." McKenna gaped mockingly before smirking. "You know, Quinn. I'll let you have your fun, you can go after Tara and Sam while I have some fun with your brother, here, alright?" McKenna questioned, and before anyone could respond, McKenna was leading Ethan away from the group.

"Let him go!" Bailey yelled, McKenna turned around, placing her knife to Ethan's throat.

"Careful, Bailey, one more step towards us and I'll slit his throat, no hesitation." McKenna laughed, once she was sure that they weren't gonna try anything. She pulled Ethan away from them, leaving Quinn and Bailey to deal with Tara and Sam.

🎭🔪