Chapter VII

Chapter Seven - Drop Dead Stupid Plan

"Please, he'll be fine."

⇝☠︎︎⇜

McKenna was pacing back and forth as they waited for the news on Gale. Danny ran up to them, panting as he did so. "Hey, hey. I got here as fast as I could." Danny said as Sam looked up at him.

"Did you?" Tara questioned.

McKenna didn't stop her pacing, which was slowly starting to aggravate Ethan, so he grabbed her shoulders, stopping her. "Hey, calm the hell down." He said sternly but softly.

McKenna rolled her eyes. "Fuck off, Ethan." She muttered, shoving his hands off her shoulders before going back to pacing.

"I'm scared, you guys." Mindy spoke softly. "I really don't want to get hurt again."

"Neither do I." Chad added.

"I don't want you getting hurt again, either." Mindy said, looking at her brother.

"I know. I know." Chad said, resting his head on her shoulder, Tara doing the same as Mindy leaned her head on Tara's head. "So what do we do now?"

"Maybe he gets to win this time." Sam told them as McKenna continued to pace. Ethan sighed, grabbing her once again, but this time wrapping his arms around her waist to keep her in place. The others looked up at Sam in confusion. "He wants to punish me." She continued, standing up. "Me. So maybe I let him. I'll just give myself up. If this is what I have to do to keep you safe, it's worth it."

"No, we're not doing that, Sam." Tara argued, standing up. "Alright, you went back to Woodsboro to protect me. Every single day, you make the decision to protect me. None of us would even be alive if it weren't for you. You have to let us protect you this time."

Sam shook her head. "No."

"Yes." Tara nodded. "We're a team, remember?"

"Actually," Mindy stood up, "we're a family."

Chad clapped, standing up. "Let's go! Woodsboro Five! Come on. Kenna, get over here." Chad ordered, McKenna stepped away from Ethan and over to the group. The put their hands in the middle of them.

"Woodsboro what?" Danny questioned.

"It's an us thing." Chad told him, causing him to chuckle.

"He's gonna keep coming after us." Sam whispered.

"Isn't there somewhere safe we could just hole up in?" Ethan asked.

"No, he's just gonna keep finding us." Tara replied.

Ethan sighed. "Great."

"We could use that, though." Tara said, looking up at Sam.

🎭🔪

The group walked down the stairs to the subway after getting off the phone with Bailey. "Is this even a good plan?" Ethan asked.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to." Tara told him.

"So we just peel off and the killer picks us off one by one? No, thank you." Ethan shook his head.

McKenna patted Ethan on his shoulder. "I bet you'd be fine, seeing as Ghostface stabbed you already, but he didn't kill you." She told him before moving down the stairs faster, ending up next to Danny.

"Let's just get to the theater. Come on, in here." Sam said, walking towards an open door.

"Yes, because it'll be much less scary at the serial killer movie theater." Chad said sarcastically as they started getting on the subway.

"Wait, where's Mindy?" Chad asked, looking around. He turned to see his sister falling behind. "Mindy! Mindy! Mindy!" He yelled, trying to reach for her, but Danny pulled him in, and the doors closed, leaving her behind.

"Shit. Ethan got left behind too." McKenna sighed once she noticed that the boy wasn't with them either.

"Where's Mindy?" Sam asked, looking around.

"She missed the train. I was gonna wait for her, but Cute Boy here dragged me on." Chad said, looking over at Danny.

"I was trying to keep us together." Danny told him.

"By pulling us apart?" Tara asked.

"You do realize that if Danny hadn't pulled Chad on, Chad here, would be dead." McKenna said, pointing at Chad then at the doors. "The train would've moved, and Chad would've been killed. So, in a way, you should be thanking Danny for keeping your lover boy alive." She stated, glaring at Tara.

"You're just mad because Ethan got left behind as well." Tara shot back.

McKenna rolled her eyes. "Please, he'll be fine. He was already attacked once, he survived."

"Guys, stop." Sam said sternly, looking between the two girls.

"It's okay. It's fine. She's with Ethan. She'll meet us there." Chad told them.

"See? They'll be fine." McKenna shrugged before moving to a different spot, away from the group.

🎭🔪

McKenna and the group walked up to Kirby, who was waiting outside the movie theater. "Hey." Kirby called out to them. "I talked to Bailey. I've got everything set up. Where are Mindy and Ethan?" She questioned.

"They're five minutes behind us." Tara told her.

"Let's get you all inside." Kirby said.

Sam turned, stopping Danny. "Not you."

"What?" Danny asked.

"Don't trust anyone, remember? We don't know you. Not really." Sam told him.

"You know me." Danny stated.

"Hey, fuckface, she said no. And last I checked, no means no, so stay the fuck out here." McKenna snapped before turning around and walking away.

"You're not Woodsboro. I'm sorry." Sam said.

"No, it's okay. I get it. Be safe, okay?" Danny said, kissing her on the cheek. "Okay?"

"You, too." Sam said before turning around, walking away, the others following her.

"Good call." Kirby said.

🎭🔪