Chapter 33 - Punishment

Swarnalekha rushed out of the chamber to take a bath while Rekha and Lekha doubled in laughter as they understood their Yuvrani's lie.  But to their surprise, Kalindi really vomitted into a bowl which is usually kept for emergency.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rekha and Lekha were startled and immediately started to help their lady.  Rekha brought water while lekha was helping Kalindi to slowly sit on the bed.  She then brought a new bowl for her to cleanse her mouth.  When the maids insisted on calling the Vaidh ji(doctor),  Kalindi didn't allow them to do so and ordered them to let her rest and also inform the Grandmother that she is unwell and will meet her tomorrow.  When the maids were going out, Kalindi called them and said, "Remove this bed cover and burn it".  They nodded and took it away and pulled on a new cover.  Kalindi slept as soon as she laid on the bed.  It was dinner time when Abhyuday came back and was surprised to see her sleeping.  He went near her bed and touched her forehead to see if she had fever, as she usually doesn't sleep during daytime.

Rekha came forward and said, "Yuvraj, Yuvrani vomitted in the afternoon and then slept.  Still she hasn't woken up even after we tried to wake her up, she asked us to let her sleep.  Abhyuday asked, "Did Vaidh ji check upon her?".  Rekha nodded in no and said that Kalindi rejected the idea.  Abhyuday dismissed her and then stroked Kalindi's cheek which disturbed her as his rough hand was tickling her soft skin.   Seeing her opening her eyes, Abhyuday chuckled and said, "Have my Yuvrani taken enough rest?".  She gave him a sleepy smile and said, "Yes, I feel refreshed.  You came early today?".  He gave her an amused look and said, "I am not early.  It's my usual time".  Kalindi stared at him for a moment and then sat up on the bed immediately.  She looked out of the window to see the sunlight but only moonlight was coming through the window. 

Seeing Kalindi's shocked look, Abhyuday pacified her by saying, "You don't need to feel shock.  I heard that you were unwell, so it's natural that you will need sleep".  Kalindi composed herself and got up from the bed against Abhyuday's protest for her to not get down.  Then both of them have dinner and laid down on the bed.  Kalindi didn't feel sleepy while Abhyuday was lying on the bed with closed eyes with his hand on her waist.  Kalindi traced her finger on his face but Abhyuday didn't make any sound.  Then slowly her finger traced down his Abs and flickered his nipples fascinatingly while she failed to notice that he had opened his eyes.  When her finger tried to move lower, he held her hand and turned her to the other side and back hugged her.  Then he whispered near her ears, "Sleep.  Your body is weak.  We will examine you once we reach Rakshatra".  Kalindi felt annoyed but kept her words to herself as she herself doesn't know the reason for her irritation and weakness.  The next day was the last day of the confederation so everyone started to depart one after the other.  Kalindi also sent off her brother and sister-in-law and once they were on their way, Abhyuday informed her that, they will stay for two more days before departing to Rakshatra.

Kalindi was confused and asked him, "Didn't you say that we will stay for one more week after the conference ended?".  He replied, "Yes, I told you but now your health seems to be vulnerable to this weather condition and food habit.  So it's better we leave early".  Kalindi nodded at him and when they reached their chamber, Bharat was waiting for Yuvraj Abhyuday in the chamber hall.  Kalindi looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze which made him nervous.  But then he said, "Yuvraj! You have called for me".  Abhyuday replied, "I have some work for you".  Before Abhyuday could finish his words, Susheela rushed inside the chamber in panic and said, "Kalindi, It is a disaster.  Swarnalekha has become like...like a bald woman with a rotten skin all over her body".  Kalindi looked surprised and Abhyuday frowned at that.  Susheela continued, "Vaidh ji had examined her and said that, he cannot do anything about her balding head but the skin can be cured.  And the only way of curing is cutting off her outer skin".  Kalindi said with grief, "It will be way too painful for her".  Susheela nodded and said, "I don't know how I feel right now.  It's neither happiness nor sadness.  And moreover no one is allowed inside her room".  After all the information were provided, Susheela greeted the couple good night and went away.