Chapter 5

I entered the building and immediately chatter stopped and looked at the newcomer aka me. Well, I guess not newcomer because I heard whispers.

"It's The Black Panther,"

"I thought she died?"

"Wasn't she in Seattle?"

I glared at all of them. "Go back to your shit!" I yelled. I had my hood up and my mask on so I was unidentifiable.

I walked to the ring and signed up, waiting for my turn. I think I was fighting a fairly decently skilled guy who went by 'Devil in Disguise' apparently. 

About an hour later it was finally my turn. I was itching to punch something. I kept my hoodie on to cover my prominent bruises and scars.

I went under the ropes and hopped in place a bit to warmup, waiting for my opponent to get up here. Then, I saw him get up. He-

Wait.

What the fuck?!

It was Dante. I could tell he didn't recognize me. Yet.

Why the fuck was Dante here? 

"HERE WE HAVE THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE, THE UNDEFEATED AND A NOT SO NEW NEWCOMER, THE BLACK PANTHER!" The announcer yelled and cheers errupted across the stands.

I saw Dante whip his head towards me. Did he recognize me? No, surely not. I saw him eyes darken. Probably at the mention of The Black Panther.

"FIGHT!" The announcer yelled.

Did I really want to fight my brother? Yes, yes I do. They're not my brothers. They're strangers who just happened to find me.

I didn't have time to dwell on it after Dante made first move. I barely dodged it and by now, the fight was really on. 

I scoffed and swept my feet under his which caused him to fall. How was he undefeated? He quickly sprung back to his feet. "I'm not going to let some little girl beat me," he said so only I could hear.

Little girl? LITTLE FUCKING GIRL?! I scoffed and almost started laughing. "We'll see about that," I said before landing a blow on his face.

He stumbled back and I could see him lean on his right meaning he was going to hit with his left. I dodged it and landed a blow to his stomach. Unfortunately, he landed a blow to my face which I must admit hurt like a bitch.

My nose started to bleed and I was sure going to have a bruise. This only fueled my anger so I sprung forward and wrapped my arm around his neck in a chokehold. He then flipped me over him and I landed on my back.

He got over me and straddled my waist, proceeding to land blows to my face. I could see black dots but I wasn't going to fucking lose. I got my leg free and kicked him in the stomach, sending him back.

I then did the same tactic he did, straddling his waist and punching his face. Hey, that sort of rhymes.

I then saw him tap out as I saw blood on his face and my knuckles. Blood from my bruised and bloodied nose dripped onto the ground.

I got up, wiping my nose with the back of my hand when the speaker went off. "WE HAVE A WINNER! THE BLACK PANTHER," it blared.

I saw Dante get up and glare daggers my way to which I did the same. I got off the stage and felt a bit dizzy. "Fuck," I muttered, going and sitting down in a lone training corner. 

I took off my mask so I could breathe and get water when I heard the doors open. I looked up and only needed a small glance to recognize it was Dante. I quickly tried to get my mask back on by Dante stormed over.