Chapter 13

TW- mentions of abuse, rape and suicidal thoughts

Amara

I came home late. This was bad. Very, very bad. And the worst part was, when I went inside, Brett was there. With his friends.

I ran in, trying to shut the door quietly behind me but it didn't work. All heads snapped up to me. Callie wasn't even here. I didn't know if that was comforting or not.

"Where were you, bitch?"  Brett seethed, getting up. It reeked of alcohol and drugs. Gross. I didn't miss the way his friends looked at me with lust in their beady eyes.

"I-I," I began to stammer but was cut off with a slap to the face.

I refused to cry. I wouldn't do it now. Brett was always trying to get me to cry.

"Hey, why don't we have some fun?" Brett asked, grabbing me by my hair and dragging me to the living room where beer bottles and a poker game were sprawled out.

A lump formed in my throat as Brett ordered me to strip. I fought, I kicked, I punched but my fate was inevitable as I was held down and forced into things I didn't want.

Their grimy hands were all over me and scaring me both mentally and physically. He successfully made me cry as I begged him to stop.

"Stop!" I cried. "Stop, please!" I whimpered.

Tears streamed down my face. I was only thirteen. That was the first time but not the last.

"Amara, wake up," said a voice.

"No!" I screamed.

"Amara!" Shouted another voice.

"NO!" I yelled again before it felt like I was falling but their touch didn't leave me.

I jolted awake, tears streaming down my face and covered in a cold sweat. My eyes darted around the room, seeing all six of my brothers.

My breathing was uneven and heavy like I'd just run a marathon but had a teriffying fucking memory.

"Amara," Lorenzo said softly, going to out his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I said, scooting away from him. I saw a look of hurt pass on his face as I curled up, leaning against my headboard with my knees drawn to my chest and my head resting on them.

Memories flooded my head. "No, no no," I repeated to myself as my air was constricting.

"Amara, I need you to listen to me bambina," I heard Lorenzo's soothing voice again. I hadn't heard him like this.

"No, no, stop," I repeated, rocking myself back and forth.

I started scratching at my arms through my hoodie, trying to get the feeling of their hands off of me. 

"Amara," Lorenzo said more sternly this time.

I snapped my eyes up to his blurry figure due to my tears. "Y-you don't understand," I said, my eyes wide and full of fear. I probably looked crazy and mental right now but I couldn't get the memories out of my head.

Lorenzo quickly grabbed me and pulled me into his chest. I began to thrash. "No, let me go," I said as my voice broke.

He didn't let me go and instead started rocking us back and forth. "Shh.." he said, holding my head to his chest. "Listen to my heartbeat," he said.