Chapter 10

TW- SH. I will put * before and after.

Amara

I felt the bed shift beside me which woke me up from my light slumber. I saw Gael look back at me and his eyes softened. "I have to go," he whispered.

I let out a small smile, sitting up and wrapping my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me as well and made sure to be careful because of my wounds. "I guess I'll see you soon," I chuckled. "You know, mafia families and all," I joked.

He grinned. "I guess so, little sis," he said, letting me go.

"Just tell them I fell asleep," I said, waving him off.

"Alright," he said, hopping off the bed. "I love you, Mar," he said before leaving.

"I love you too, G," I whispered before turning out the lights and laying down. Sleep hit me like a ton of bricks and I was out like a light.

--------------------

Gael

I sighed, leaving Mar's room. I missed her so damn much and was so glad she was back. Although, I was a bit nervous of what was in store for her because of the mafia family.

It was better than that hellhole, though. 

When she showed me her bruises, it hurt me. I hated myself for not being able to be there when she needed me the most. I knew Brett and Callie hurt her but she always refused help.

I walked down the stairs and all heads snapped up to me. "She fell asleep," I told the Marino brothers. I won't lie, they scare the shit out of me.

They all nodded gruffly before standing up. Lorenzo and my father shook hands before we departed ways. My mind was stuck on Amara though. I cared for her so damn much. She looked so broken.

We got into our car and took off with our bodyguards following us. "So, honey, how was Amara?" Mom asked.

I sighed. "Not good, Mom," my voice broke a bit.

Mom sighed and her eyes softened.

"Who is this Amara again? I remember you mentioning her a few times," my father said. My father was a respectable man. When Amara was here, he wasn't around too much but also made sure to make time for me and my mom.

"She's the friend of mine from when we were back in hiding at Seattle," I said.

"Oh. What happened with her?" He asked, glancing in the rearview mirror as he drove.

I sighed. I knew it wasn't my place to tell. "It's not my place to tell, dad," I said. "I'm sorry."

"That's alright, son. I get it," he said. I visibly relaxed. Now, it was just trying to protect Amara from all the horrible things life has made her go through.

------------------

Amara

I woke up, drenched in sweat. I was shaking and breathing heavily. I had another memory-nightmare. My throat felt dry as I tried to inhale so I got up and silently opened my door.

I looked down the hall and saw all my brother's doors were closed so I silently left mine and went down the stairs.

My bare feet silently pattered on the clean wood as I then entered the kitchen. I was still trying to get my breath back as I quickly searched the cabinets until I saw the glasses. I quickly grabbed one, filled it with water and guzzled it.