Chapter 7

Amara

It was a few hours later that I sat at my desk, sketching in my notebook that was full of my confessions, feelings and art.

I sketched a sad little picture in the corner of the page that went with my most recent log.

Dear Thought Book,

I have forgotten to log the past few days. Everything has been hectic. Brett and Callie got into an accident. They died.

It was hard for me to register. I have a conflicting feel of emotions that's hard to get a grip on. I mean, I'm happy that the people who made my life hell are actually rotting in hell now but why do I feel a bit sad?

I know I shouldn't. I mean, I don't feel sad about Brett. But mom, Callie, I don't even know what to call her. I feel a small pang of sadness. Maybe it's because up until I was like six, she was nice. Or nicer. Maybe it's because she's related to me.

I just can't pinpoint it and it's making me confused.

I'm now living with my so called brothers who I didn't even know existed until they died. Why would Callie keep this from me?

Things haven't been exactly great here. I mean, it's better than it had been but the found the bruises by force. Most of my brothers aren't even that bad. Just Dante. He's an ass.

Well, until next time. If there is a next time.

Sincerely, TBP, Unknown.

I sighed and read over my thoughts that I put down before closing the book. I always signed off with TBP. The Black Panther and unknown. Only I was supposed to know about this.

A knock at my door and then it opening cut off my train of thoughts. I quickly shoved my journal in my desk and stood up, turning to face whoever just entered.

"You're supposed to wait until I saw 'come in' to just walk in," I stated to Luca.

He gave me a sheepish look. "Yeah, well, sorry, we're going to take you shopping so come on," he said.

I internally groaned. I wasn't a huge fan of shopping although I was grateful to get something new. I silently followed him down the stairs where Santino and Dante were waiting.

"He's coming with?" I asked coldly, tipping my head in Dante's direction.

"Don't think I wanted to come," Dante grumbled back.

"Both of you shut up. Let's go," Santino said.

I muttered some colorful words under my breath and just followed them out to their garage. It was like wonderland. There was so many cars. I love cars and could name a lot. I had to get myself out of shitty situations by racing the streets.

"Which one do you guys want to take?" Luca asked.

"The black Lamborghini Huracan," I said.

Santino turned towards me. "You know cars?" He asked.

"I had to race to get out of shitty situations," I muttered. I doubt they heard or they just didn't ask questions.

"Alright, the Lambo Huracan it is," Luca said, spinning the key on his finger.

I snatched the key off his finger. "I'm driving," I stated.

"Ah, haha, no," Luca said, taking the keys back. "You're only fifteen!" He exclaimed.

"So? I've been driving since I was like eleven or twelve," I stated nonchalantly.

"Okay, nope. You are sitting in the back," Luca said before getting in the drivers side of the car. I mumbled profanites under my breath and slid into the back seat. Dante was in the passenger and Santino next to me.