Chapter 14

Amara

Today is my first day of school. To say I'm not excited is an understatement. Every since I had that nightmare and told my brothers about my past, they've been treating me different besides Emiliano which I'm grateful for.

I just finished getting ready. I had black ripped jeans with converse and a tight fit long sleeve shirt. I also had my bracelet with Gael and I's initials and a necklace. My hair was left down in it's normal state and I used makeup to cover my slowly fading bruises.

I still haven't showed my brothers my bruises and I don't plan on it. I'm pretty sure one of them has seen them but I decided not to dwell on it.

A knock on my door broke me out of my overthinking mindset. "Bambina? Come downstairs so your brothers can take you to school," I heard Emiliano say on the other side of the door.

Sighing, I got up and said a quick 'okay'. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, looking at my dull and almost lifeless green eyes and my slightly paled skin. 

I grabbed my black backpack off the ground and slung it over my shoulder before leaving my room and walking downstairs.

Down there waited Santino, Luca and Dante. Luca and Dante were in their senior year, Santino in his junior year and I was in my sophomore year. I was a bit young for my grade but I could care less.

"Your brothers will take you to school. Remember the rules. No boys, no getting in trouble and sit with your brothers at lunch, got it?" Alessandro asked. Lorenzo was at work. By work they mean't mafia and Emiliano had to run up and help him.

"Yeah, yeah," I said, disregarding the rules. "Let's just go," I mumbled.

"Have a good day," Alessandro called but I just walked out the door. My three youngest older brothers followed me out.

"I'm driving," I stated.

"You sure as hell are not," Luca said.

I turned around and face him, arching my brow, daring him to challenge me. "I feel like you guys forget who I am sometimes," I said, refering to me being The Black Panther, the undefeated.

Dante's eyes darkened a bit before returning back to normal. He was probably remembering when I beat his ass.

"Right. Like I said, I'm driving," I said before snatching the keys out of Luca's hand and pressing the unlock button. The Lexus LC light blared and I walked over there.

"Amara, you are not-" Luca began but I got in the drivers side and shut the door midway while he was talking.

Soon, three doors opened and Dante got in the passenger, Santino and Luca in the back. "You better not crash it," Dante almost growled.

"Calm down. I know what I'm doing," I said. I put the keys in the ignition and twisted it. The car sparked to life and I backed out, reminiscing the feeling of driving and racing.

I sighed, soaking in the feeling before pulling out of the large garage. I drove up the drive to the gates and they opened.

When we got out onto the road, I smirked. "Hold on tight, boys," I siad before stepping on the gas. The tires spun for a second before we bolted into action.

I saw Dante get set back on his seat and I turned around the corner, slightly drifting. "Amara, what the fuck are you doing?! Slow down!" Santino yelled.

I didn't listen to him though and instead sped up. I swerved traffic, cars and people as I drifted around the corners and sped down the straight stretches. I loved this euphoric feeling.

"How do you know how to do this?" Luca asked. Well, more like yelled over the screeching tires.

"Experience!" I yelled back.

"You're almost better than Dante," Santino said.

"No she is not," Dante defended.

With that, I stepped on the pedal again, launching them back.

Soon, I pulled into the school parking lot and came to a halt. My brothers were slightly panting and looked a little worried and disheveled.

"How do you rate your Uber experience?" I teased. When they didn't answer I said, "Cash or card?"

Dante got out and just stormed into the building. "Okay then, I'll assumed card," I mumbled.

"That was awesome!" Santino asked, grinning like Cheshire cat.

"Okay, I'll admit that was pretty cool but if something happened to you, Lorenzo would beat my ass and I would join you up in heaven," Luca said.

"No, we would for sure be in hell," I joked before hopping out.

"Let's get your schedule," Luca said. I followed Santino and Luca into the building and immediately whispers happened like in the mall.

"Are they having a threesome?"

"Who is she?"

"They don't have a sister?"

There were perplexed gazes looking at us but we all had our cold faces on and walked to the office. The receptionist lady looked up and I watched as some color drained from her face before she replaced it with a smile although I could see it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"What can I do for you?" She asked cheerily.

"Our little sister here needs her schedule," Luca said, emphasizing sister.

"Si-sister?" The lady asked. 

"Yes," Luca said.

"O-Okay. Um, name please?" She asked me.

"Amara," I said. 

The lady typed something on her computer before I heard the printer working its magic. Soon, the paper printed and she handed it to me. "Here is your schedule Ms. Marino. I do hope you enjoy everything here," she said.

I thanked her and soon we headed back to the crowded hallway. "Okay, math first period. Go to your locker and grab your books then we can show you where that's at," Santino said.

I nodded and walked to my locker with them following. "You know you guys don't have to follow me everywhere," I said, grabbing my math book that I already got, out.

Whatever I said went in one ear and out the other as they glared at everyone who looked at me. I rolled my eyes and tapped Luca on the shoulder. "My math class?" I asked, getting his focus yet again.

"Yeah, follow me," he said. I followed him and Santino followed behind. "Here it is," he said.

"Great. Thanks for showing me now I'll be going," I said but before I could walk off, Dante grabbed my arm. I flinched a bit. When did he even get here? I thought he left a bit ago.

"What?" I snapped, yanking my arm from his grasp.

"Don't embarrass us. Maybe try and stay away from us," he said so only I could hear.

"Gladly," I smiled sweetly before entering the classroom right before the bell rang.

Today was going to be a long day.