14

True to his word, Mukuro was there when Tsuna woke up in the morning. The man had been waiting in the hall when the boy opened the door. Tsuna smiled at the him and held his hand, leading the way to the dining room. Sure, they got lost, but Mukuro was going to let the child roam. He'd make sure they were on time.

Tsuna had fallen into a routine in the two days he'd been wherever he is and he didn't quite know how to feel about it. For one, consistent and delicious meals where something he'd never experienced. As far as he was concerned, this food was the food of the gods. The second thing was that he'd never had friendly interactions with this many people before. Sure, he'd been around people for his whole life, but very few were friendly to a street rat who had to steal to survive. Playing with these people so far, despite only actually playing with Chrome, was fun! He wanted to play with all of them but was too shy to ask. It had taken him a while to even be able to look at Mukuro, let alone ask him to play with him. It was a huge relief when the man agreed! Maybe he could ask that Takeshi guy to join them? Or maybe the guy with the silver hair!

Mukuro felt some kind of kinship with this Tsunayoshi than he did with anyone else he'd ever met, the exception being Ken and Chikusa. He'd spent time in the Estrano Labs, and he'd escaped with his live. He and his friends had murdered any hostile they came across and lived on the streets until they encountered Tsunayoshi. Even after that, though, they had lived in abandoned buildings until the young Sky took the Vongola throne. All things aside, Mukuro and this Tsunayoshi felt the same and knew they could talk about anything with no fear of judgment.

About ten minutes of wandering the castle later, Mukuro decided it was time to join everyone in the dining room. Expressing this to the child leading him, he gently took the lead and the two made their way to the dining room.

Upon entering the room, Mukuro took note that Byakuran and Yuni weren't there, meaning they had probably gone back to their own families. Good. Mukuro still held a grudge against Byakuran for the future that Tsuna had prevented. Besides, there's not much either of them could do about the situation. Best they leave.

Tsuna and Mukuro made their way up to their seats, Tsuna reaching his before Mukuro. Then, they ate. Half way through his meal, Tsuna turned to his left to face Takeshi, who noticed the movement. "Will you play with me and Mukuro today, Takeshi?"

The question caught everyone who heard it - the Guardians - off guard. No one expected this, least of all Mukuro. But, no one could really say no to the child. With a kind smile and a glance shot at the male Mist, Takeshi looked back at Tsuna and nodded, "Sure, I'd love to play with you two!"

With two people to play with, Tsuna's mind became occupied with what they could do. He'd seen kids play a game called tag, but that usually required more than three people. Same with hide and seek. Maybe they could play a board game? Yeah, a board game sounded fun. But he didn't know any board games. Maybe Mukuro and Takeshi would know?

"Hey, Mukuro? Takeshi?" Tsuna asked after everyone had finished eating. Takeshi and Mukuro had both left the dining room with him. "What board games are there?"

The two adults looked at each other before Takeshi answered. "Well, there's Life, Monopoly, an assortment of card games, battleship, ect."

"You have absolutely nothing going on in the head of yours, do you?" Mukuro insulted the Rain he laughed it off. "There are too many games to name, but I'm sure we can limit your choices down to just a few. Lambo has a few in his room I'm sure he won't mind us borrowing."

"You could just ask, you know." Lambo said from behind the trio.

Tsuna looked like he'd been caught red handed and turned his eyes to the floor in shame. Mukuro and Takeshi, on the other hand, showed no remorse as they turned to face the fifteen year old.

"Lambo!" the Rain grinned, "Mind if we get some games from your room?"

Lambo sighed and glanced at the still shame filled child, "Sure, I'll dig some out for ya. I was going back down to work on the bazooka, but I can take a little detour. I'll blame you two if Reborn gets mad."

Then, Tsuna spoke up, "Why don't you join us?" he didn't know the teen's name, but he was going to offer nonetheless.

Taken slightly off guard, the three Guardian's shot a look between each other and Lambo shrugged. "Why not?" He might get in trouble with Reborn, but Tsuna himself had offered, so he wasn't about to say no.

The young Sky brightened up and the quartet made for Lambo's room to play games. When they got the the Lightning's room, Tsuna was sat on the bed, Mukuro sitting on the floor beside him. Takeshi and Lambo got some games down. Thus began their game day. They spent the entire day playing games, but Tsuna's favorite was Uno. None of the three Elements would admit it, but they just couldn't beat the kid at the damn card game.

They'd been playing Uno for about an hour now and Tsuna kept winning and no one knew how. He'd won nine out of ten games on street rules and he was going for his tenth win. His only loss was the first game when the three were teaching him to play.

Takeshi, the most aware of time in the group, decided that this would be the final game before they were to head to the dining room for dinner. Mukuro and Lambo were grateful that they wouldn't be humiliated anymore after this.

Tsuna held five cards, Takeshi held eleven, Mukuro had twenty, and Lambo had six. Despite wanting the game - and their subsequent humiliation - to end, the three Guardian's wanted to break the kid's win streak before they left for dinner. It was already a blow to their pride to be losing a card game to a child, they didn't want to end the day with that loss.

As the minutes and cards ticked down, Tsuna - who had an amazing poker face despite being five years old - placed his final card and his three companions dropped their hands in disappointment. They put up a good fight, but Tsuna was better.