23

It was a game. A strange mash up of hide-and-seek and tag. I had started out as Tsuna just running from the the oder man - who had yet to introduce himself o the child - but it quickly morphed into the two games because he just would not leave him alone! The man probably knew that he didn't want to talk or be around anyone until he could go home, so why was he chasing after him?!

Kyoya was, admittedly, having a lot of fun. He loved chasing people down, especially if they promised a fight, but this chase had an odd, new thrill added to it. He wasn't complaining, though.

The two had been running for the better part of four hours before Tsuna realized something and came to a halt in a cross section of hallways. The same cross section where he was first found. He was going in circles. What the hell? He supposed, though, that it was better he found it out sooner rather than later, even if 'sooner' was a bit later than it probably should have been.

"Are you done running?" Kyoya was surprisingly social today.

Tsuna sighed quietly. His stamina wasn't goot yet - despite Reborn and Ryohei training him - so he was a bit tired. He nodded and sat back down in the corner he had fallen asleep in hours prior. Kyoya did the same.

"I still don't know your name." the young Sky mumbled after a few minutes long staring contest. Kyoya won.

"Hibari Kyoya."

"Tsunayoshi."

"No last name?"

"Don't know it."

"What do you mean?"

"I was either born without one or I was stripped of it. It doesn't matter, though, my first name works fine when introducing myself."

Kyoya hated what those words meant. No last name could mean a lot of things. The Triads, for example, abandoned their last names when they join the tribe. (Those born into it are never given a name until they are of age. Kyoya only knows this because his parents told him to avoid the Triads at all costs.) But, a civilian child without a last name means abandonment at some point in their life. Whether the child was abandoned by their family or the child abandoned their family, it doesn't matter. Those children are the first to die on the streets. Those that survive are never civilians for long. If they're lucky, they live to be older than sixteen.

"Where are you from?" Tsuna asked quietly, snapping Kyoya from his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Where are you from? From what Reborn taught me about my home land, your name is Japanese. You even introduced yourself with your family name first, but that could be fore a lot of reasons."

The Cloud decided to indulge the child and answer him. "I was born in Namimori, Japan, but my family hails from China. Though, the main branch - my branch - of the clan left China several generations ago."

"Cool." the Sky hadn't looked up from the floor since he lost the short staring contest. "Reborn told me that I'm from Namimori, Japan, too, but that my four-times-great grandfather was from Italy. He didn't say what part, though."

Kyoya didn't respond outside of a short hum of acknowledgement. The conversation was obviously over and he had no intentions of carrying it. Besides, he'd long gone over his quota for the day.