3; NOTHING HARMFUL

Gaslight Square Penthouses and Luxurious Condominiums

Yup, this is where I currently lived. Ever since I graduated, Jeremy decided to give me a freaking penthouse, and this will be the only thing I'll probably approve of his rich ass, but hey, he insisted. And since I would rarely go home due to me investigating dead bodies almost everyday, FBI headquarters in Quantico is almost 45 minutes away, so I am glad that Abbey agreed to live with me. Abbey became my roommate, and since we specialize with the human body (duh, we are like doctors), she became a therapist, you know, assisting depressed and troubled people to adjust and find their happiness. As well as gaining people to have your trust and friends on the way.

Our salaries tend to be really more than we needed so we combine forces and pay everything from insurance to groceries. I know, best friend goals.

I drove from the Congressional Cemetery to my penthouse, obviously stopping at headquarters for the paperwork that I need to finish, and finally arrived. Its a very fancy place, but it was a tiring day because I drive almost an hour to work not really everyday. My encounter and coffee with Nick was great too, especially Phase 1, wink wink.

He did inform me they finally found the young man they were looking for thanks to me, the mission that I assisted during my senior year.  I can't believe it took them a five year long time period of the search of his existence though.  Currently he is recovering from being frozen all these years, but I sadly won't see his face probably ever again since the mission because I think I've seen enough.  Although, the last time I had saw his face was when I was 23, a day right after graduation.  His story was both fun and sad honestly, all because he was kicking butts and saving the world way back. Okay, I really should stop blabbering about the mission, its only for Level 8 clearance. I guess I was or still am Level 8?

Anyways, I entered the elevator that led me to the penthouse and Abbey's dog, Sugar greeted me as I stepped inside. I guess Abbey's home that's why she's all excited. "Amelia Elnora Vale, how was your day, boo?" I dropped my stuff over at the couch then walked over to her, giving her a tight hug while Sugar was trailing behind.

"It was tiring and I think I found everything I needed," she gave me a skeptical look, "for my powers and stuff."

She laughed, "Liar. I know you are still researching how to understand the book your mom gave you since that mission you told me about." Okay, she's my best friend, wing man or woman, sister, and practically my memory book and all, but I can't believed she remembered. So I added, "but its the least of my priorities right now."

"Good, I don't want our lives going to waste just for a book. And by the way, we need men." That's also the least of my priorities, sistah.

"LOL. Not right now," then I waved the paperwork folder in front of her face, "paperwork." Then my phone vibrated, "Gotta take this though."

Abbey nodded and just laughed as I took the call. My loving mother is calling, "ugh, Jeremy's private jet is not yet going to arrive in Florence for sixteen more hours, honey. I really wished you were here."

I smiled. "Mom, I have paperwork and Nick visited dad's grave today," then there was a slight pause. "I miss that guy too, considering its been like three years. What you guys talked about?"

"Classified." She laughed.

"Alright, but why not share your secrets to your loving mother?" S.H.I.E.L.D's classified files you mean?

Then all of the sudden, our phone call was interrupted by a steady static at the other line. Sudden, so I repeated her name, "Mom? Mom??"

Oh well, my mother is almost sixty, I know right, getting old, so I just shrugged it off and decided to call her the next morning. Time for my paperwork!