5; ASSEMBLE

Someone knocked at the door, and honestly I am not in the freaking mood

Someone knocked at the door, and honestly I am not in the freaking mood. I mean the jet, black outs, it's too overwhelming. A few days passed by since the hospital and I'm finally in my bed room, foreshadowing the next life events without, her.

"I'm impressed with the place," Nick remarked as he entered the bedroom door. Abbey decided to go back to her room, she thinks space is all I need. I've been isolated for two days, but as soon as I left the hospital, Nick had to go back to do some business. He promised to come back a few days later, which is practically now.

"Sorry Nick, but this is probably the only time I won't let you talk to me," yeah, rarely would I say this to anybody, but I'm exhausted and haven't showered,

"Amelia Elnora Vale. A girl with amazing abilities, genius hacking skills, and the impressive martial arts, and a numerous other things, wants one of her closest friends away for awhile?" We just stared, having no idea how to respond.

I nodded. "Nick, can't you see?" tears filled up my eyes, "she's gone. I barely have anything left."

"You have yourself, me, and Abbey. There maybe a slight difference in your life from now on, but you just have to face it." Wow, this is probably a really nice pep talk.

"Why? This is useless. Could you just get out?!" There was this pause, but my frown got deeper to the point of anger. Although he just continued talking, doesn't matter if I don't want or need this talk.

"Come with me," where?

I gave him a good look in the eye. Again not in the mood. "Does it look like I would love to go to anywhere? Bribe me anything but nothing will ever change." I don't care if I am acting like a stubborn brat, but all of this, it's useless.

His frown gotten deeper too, but not to the point of anger. "Amelia, I meant work with me. To S.H.I.E.L.D. A place where your parents told you all the time, it made them feel alive. Themselves." Oh, very funny but definitely no. That organization is probably the reason why most of my relatives is dead. All because of S.H.I.E.L.D. But I shouldn't have shrugged off that call in the first place.