EPILOGUE: COME ON SKINNY LOVE

"No, gosh dang it! Where on Earth--?"  I scramble through my small jewelry box, having high hopes of finding those tiny, pearl studs earrings.  Today is the day, after all, of the famous celebration party held upon by Mr. Tony Stark that celebrates our victory in the Battle of New York.  Which was like about a week ago, or something like that.  "Hah!"  I exclaim once my fingers reached at the bottom corner of the box, trailing upon the smooth pearls.

Then someone knocked at the door, "Amy?"

"Yeah?" I reply, struggling to quickly insert the earrings to my ears.  Blue just watched along whilst sitting on his cat bed. 

"I'm almost late for my date.  How about yours?"  Abbey teased from the other side of the door.

I scoff as I apply the lipstick, "It's a party.  Not a date." Neutral lipstick seems suiting.

"Yeah, but your date's attending it too.  It's 5:54."   I then grab my purse as I raced towards the door, swinging it open dashingly which startled my best friend.  Blue leaped from his kitty bed, trailing behind as my heels clicked across my room's hardwood floor.

Taking a good look at our night-out outfits, Abbey smirked.  I smirk back.  "Well lookie here, mi amiga, but we look fine a-f tonight." 

Rolling my eyes, I close the door behind me.  "Oh yeah, we are."

She giggles, additionally reminding me, "seriously.  You got your ring?  Your my ride tonight."

Referring to my ring, I show it to her.  It's pink gem glistens in the light as it always does.  "Where are you guys eating anyway?"

Abby starts smoothening the skirt of her lilac, floral dress, similar to mine's.  "This real fancy place downtown, and oh-whoa is Scott wearing a tux while I'm--"

I give a look as soon as I notice her secretly panicking.  "Hey, just shut it and once his eyes lay on the beautiful Abbey Myers, Angels will pick his ass up to heaven."  Grinning with the upmost modesty, it hopefully represents that tonight is where my best friend and I are beautiful.  Plus were gonna have a good time.  I gotta good feeling about it.  "We're gonna shine tonight, baby!"

She laughs at my perky jazz hands, our excitement ultimately ending ourselves late for the occasion.  Taking a glance at the clock, literally, Abbey keeps fixing her hair, her dress.  We stood before the elevator, its doors acting as a mirror as we lastly perform last modifications on our looks.  "Come on, you ready?"

"Yep, let's go!"  We held each other's hands, our purses in the other.

And we're off, violet mists floating around the air once we vanished. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott smiled with the gleam Abbey deserves tonight, and so much more radiance. After all, she is stunning.

Her brown curly locks are swept to one side elegantly, her earrings dangling with silvery gleams. The dress was a simple pastel blue, with the similar floral lace design. It's skirt loosely falls right about above her knees. Finishing the breezy look were nude wedges. Scott wore a lavish suit, the collar and white button-down completed with the classic skinny black tie. His blazer jacket were mainly black, along with matte black lapels. The rest contains dress pants and fancy dress shoes.

He quickly pushed his "blind" glasses further up the bridge of his nose, along with him trying to hide his flushed cheeks. Quickly giving her a soft peck on the lips, he handed her a simple, elegant rose that was hidden inside his blazer.

Abbey couldn't help but become flattered, and accepted the flower. Scott offered his arm, where she accepted and began their walk into the lavish restaurant downtown. Their laughter echoes in the street night, sending the date off to a lovely start.