Nineteen

(Still Dreams Pov… Boring I know lol)

“Annette, Have I ever lied to you. I promise, Before I let any kind of ‘fighting’ take place, I’ve always ensured she was as far away as possible.” I told the woman who stood in front of me still with a tremble to her frame.

“Well I suppose that is true,” She said, staring down at the ground, “What are you doing here?” She quickly asked, Changing the subject of the conversation, And directing all of her focus towards me, “I just needed a walk, And I guess I got lost,” I said as a quick response, And I guess most of that was true too.

“Hm, Well my home isn’t far. Why don’t you come in and rest before heading back.” She said with a smile covering her face, Sometimes it really is crazy how fast someone can change their emotions. Originally the only thing I'd seen on her face was despair or sadness, But now it's covered in joy.

Hesitantly though, I did follow her back through the woods, and into a small cottage I supposed she called her home. “Annette, You know you didn’t have to leave..” I decided to start a conversation with the woman who was now seated across from me in a dimly lit room. The only other thing making noise was a small fireplace with a lightly lit fire.

“I did… And you and I both know that.” She responded, Quite quickly rather, Before getting up from the seat she claimed and heading into a separate room. Only to return a moment later with two cups, “It's milk, straight from my very own cows!” She gleamed with pride, before pointing towards a side door, Which I’d assume leads to an outdoor area with cows.

“Why’d you leave though… Nette, You never told me. My dad had just died, and you left Y/n and me alone. I needed you, But she needed her mom.” I told the now rather frail women. ‘Clay, Without your father around, I wasn’t safe.” She responded, Before quickly removing any form of emotion she may have had on her face.

“I don’t believe that..” I began and was going to continue what I had planned on saying. You know, Letting all my repressed feelings out today I guess…

But before I could continue talking, The door quickly swung open, Bringing me to jumping from the seat I was previously sitting in and searching my pockets for something, Anything I’d be able to use as a weapon, against whoever this was, or whatever it was.

"Clay sit back down!" Annette quickly shouted out as she jumped up behind me, heading towards the door. The same door we had both only came through a few moments earlier.

In all honesty I had zero clue on what was going on. Who the hell would be coming into this house.

"My boy, everything is alright, I promise. Come in." Annette began speaking to whatever was hidden behind the now swung open door.

"Who the fuck is that?!" The thing beyond the door shouted out as I watched the door swing shut and the figure almost immediately make their way towards me. Now I was really regretting not bringing any shit with me.

(So quick little sorry post, y'know saying sorry for a bonding all of y'all anyways more coming later I hope have fun with this…)