Inspiration - start of story

I jolt awake when I feel a magic barrier slip over the car, wiping sleep from my eyes, I turn in my seat to see the sparkling blue force field become invisible again. I frown ignoring Benjamin smiling in the driver’s seat as we turn the corner and I take in the size of the school.

Eaglein boarding school was for the supernatural. All over the school grounds people were talking or using their powers.

A group of boy’s stands around a boy slightly taller than the others who was leading against the wall, levitating a football in the air and they all look up at me as the car comes to a stop at the front doors of the school.

Taking my headphones out I shove them in my bag with my phone whilst Benjamin gets out and opens the boot of the car.

Everyone is staring now and I take a deep breath before talking off my seat belt. Opening the car door, I swing my bag over my shoulder as an older woman hurries down the flight of stairs.

When the front doors of the school had opened everyone started to carrying on with what they were doing before but I could see them whispering and some of them kept glancing in my direction.

I turn back to the lady, there is a curious style, a great sense of high voltage about her. She is dressed in a pink floral dress and perched on the top on her blond wavy hair are a pair of jet-black glasses.

She walks over as Benjamin bring my bags,

“it’s lovely to meet you, I presume your Alec I hope you enjoy your time here, I am Mrs kilingsman and I am the head of Eaglein high, I will let you two say your goodbyes and then why don’t we go inside and get you settled in before classes start” she says and walks over to a boy sitting on a wall, he looks over at me with curiosity and starts talking to Mrs kilingsman in a hushed voice so that I can’t hear.

 I turn back to Benjamin as he smiles sadly down at me. “don’t get into any trouble mate, if you need to talk you have my number, I will see you when school finishes” he says and I nod at him before he gets back in the car. Knocking on the window I poke my head in when he winds it down. “if you see Abigail please may you tell her that I will email her as soon as I can” I say and pull my head out of the window.

“sure, don’t forget that she won’t want to message you all the time, she will be hanging out with her friends more now that your parents have made you come here.” Benjamin says and he waves as he pulls off and heads in the direction of home.

Turning to face the headmistress I watch as the boy she was talking to jumps down from the wall and heads over with her.

“Alec this is Theo he volunteered to look after you in the first week of you being here, he is one of the closest people who has power like yours as you can see everyone here is unique” Mrs kilingsman says looking around at all the students on the front lawn of the school.

“it’s nice to finally meat you Alec” Theo says and he holds out is hand and I shake it hastily. He’s wearing baggy trousers with an oversized jumper and he has headphones hanging around his neck.

“why don’t we go inside, Theo can show you to your room and the he can take you to your first lesson which is biology” Mrs kilingsman says and I grab my suitcase and hurry up the stairs after her.