•8•

꧁꧂
⍟back in the lab grace explains in detail the science behind it.

"the tree of souls

"the tree of souls. vitraya ramunong, it's their most sacred place. see the flux vortex?" grace says "yeah. that's what messes up my instruments!" trudy interjects. "there is something really interesting going on in there, biologically. i would die to get samples! outsiders are strictly forbidden. you lucky swine" grace says once more.
༇༇༇
♕jake and i got back from flying and i wanted to explain to him what toruk was and who toruk macto was. i make him follow me to the base of home tree and into one of the columns, we settle down and sit down. jake gets up and observes the toruk.

"our guys call it a great leonopteryx

"our guys call it a great leonopteryx." "it is toruk, last shadow." i nod "yeah, right. its the last one you ever see." jake laughs.
i jump next to him and crouched as he moved as well.
"my grandfathers grandfather was toruk macto. rider of last shadow." "he rode this?" "toruk chose him. it has only happened five times since the time of the first songs." i say
"that's a long time." jake says "yes. toruk macto was mighty. he brought the clans together in a time of great sorrow, all na'vi know the story."
༇༇༇
♔everything is backwards now. like out there is the true world and in here is the dream. jake thinks to himself as he gets onto his wheelchair. he rolls himself out to document what happened.
"it's hard to believe it's only been 5 months. i can barely remember my old life. i don't know who i am anymore." jake sighs as he rubs his hand over his forehead. he rolls himself next to a mirror and smothers his beard with shaving cream.

 he rolls himself next to a mirror and smothers his beard with shaving cream

then he shaves it.
༇༇༇
⍟they all go back to the rda lab as jake waits for quaritch in the cafeteria. he walks in and takes a seat next to him. "haven't gotten lost in the woods have you? your last report was more than two weeks ago. im starting to doubt your resolve." quaritch says "the way i see it, it's time to terminate the mission." he adds. "no i can do this."
"you already have. you give me good and usable intel. yeah i got them by the balls when this turns into a shit fight, which it will. now it's time to come in! by the way your gonna get your legs back. i got your corporate approval it's a done deal!"
"i gotta finish this. its one more thing like a ceremony, its the final stage of becoming a man. if i do it im one of them and they'll trust me. and i can negotiate the terms of their relocation ." ♔it pained jake to say that because he knew they would never leave hometree and he knew he loved the omaticaya and ak'tari. quaritch gets up to leave but turns back to  jake.

"well then you better get it done corporal

"well then you better get it done corporal."
—————
this chapters kinda short mb 😭😭
its cause like i wanted to do the ceremony on like its own yk
518 words