You're My Reason

"Shit, shit, shit." Lucy stammered, frantically trying to refrain from making eye contact with Tim. She had her to speak with him about last night, and by the looks on Tim's face when they finally locked eyes, he had been nervous too.

She walked over, trotting over to the shop.

"Morning," she chirped, entering slowly.

Tim didn't say anything back, only stared at her.

"Can we not?" Lucy asked, fidgeting with her hands.

Timothy noticed the picking at her nails and fingers, bringing his hands to hers. Her body grew goosebumps everywhere, her spine shivering.

"Can we not... what? Talk about last night, or work?" Tim grinned, separating her hands. Lucy fastened her belt, as did he.

"Thanks," she smiled, bringing her focus to the window, eyes wandering as they began to exit the precinct and drive into the busy streets of Los Angeles.

"I know I said we wouldn't talk about it," Tim began after stopping the car's engine.

"Tim.." Lucy begged.

"How many?" He Simple's questioned, his eyes glossy.

"43," her mouth dropped, eyes gazing out the window again. They had stopped by a gorgeous lake, with swans and ducks in the water, and small children running around checkered rugs.

"43" Tim repeated, jaw dropping as he fetched a glimpse of Lucy. Her yes were glossed, as if she had been on the verge of breaking down.

"Can I do.. do you need..." Tim stuttered, hands trembling as he brought his hand to her thigh.

Lucy's breath hitched, leg jolting back.

"This was recent. You didn't do that last week when I held you behind the car door. When the bomb was meant to explode, I held you and you didn't jolt." Tim shook his head.

He was quick to turn on the sirens of the shop, turning on the car and speeding off. Chen worriedly looked over at Tim, uncomfortably shifting in her seat. She knew what was going to happen now, Tim was trying to find Chris. He will find Chris.

After what felt like an eternity, Tim came out of the the apartment complex Chris lived in, his knuckles bloody.

**

"You motherfucker." Tim shouted as he grabbed Chris by the collar, pressing his head harshly against the wall.

That day Chris earned 43 punches, a few on his face that Tim knew would stick.

**

"What happened in there?" Lucy gasped, her eye focused on his bloody hands.

"Nothing." Tim was cold, eyes on the road.

"Stop the car." Lucy demanded. Tim immediately pulled over, curving his eyebrows in confusion as Lucy stepped out the shop.

She closed the door behind her, standing in front of her door.

"What are you doing?" Bradford scoffed, insisting she got in the car.

"Not until you tell me what happened in there, I won't get mad, I promise." Lucy crossed her arms, tilting her head.

"I may or may not have given Chris a stern talking to." Tim looked away.

"Tim," Lucy whined.

"I punched him 43 times and left a few permanent ones." Timothy rolled his eyes, gripping his hands on the wheel.

"Get in now, please?" Tim asked politely, fixing his head so he had a clear view of his partner.

"Thank you for telling me." She gave a grateful smile, entering the shop again.

After the end of their long shift, the two parted into the locker rooms.

Lucy walked out first, wearing a long, green skirt with a silky black top, small hints of lace. She wore black heels, and her hair was let down into soft curls.

Timothy wore a black shirt, along with light blue jeans. His hair was the same as always, flawless. Lucy scanned his face as he walked out, his chiseled jaw and perfect amount of stubble. How perfect his nose was, and his gorgeous, blue eyes.

Tim did the same, noticing Lucy's sharp jawline, her sweet, brown eyes. Her shiny, perfect hair and perfect lips. Her smell was always sweet and daring, and her outfits got better the longer she worked. Her body was gorgeous, curves were always hugged just right, never showing too much cleavage for anyone else at the station to notice. But Tim did.

Tim noticed the small lace pieces that were always threaded into her gorgeous tops, and her skirts were always the sexiest.

"I wanted to head home first, but I was wondering if I could come over again tonight? I left my jacket last night and realized this morning but didn't think it was something important to bother you with." Tim waved his hand, scratching the back of his neck with a sincere smile.

"Of course, you have the keys." Lucy giggled, walking away and into the parking lot.

After arriving home, Lucy picked up after her and Tim from the night before. She thanked the delivery man for the pizzas, tipping him before he left.

Tim arrived a few minutes later, keys jiggling in the door.

"Lucy ran to the door before he could open it, waiting for the perfect moment. I need you. Now.