Silent

It had been days since the partners spoke, Tim had been training for another stripe, and had been replaced by Angela.

Sure it was fun riding with Angela, but Lucy missed her partner.

"You can't avoid him forever. He told me what happened, you know," Angela sighed, rolling down the shop's windows.

"He did?" Lucy asked, stepping out of the shop.

"Yeah, the whole Chris thing. I'm sorry he did that to you, it must be rough, especially after Caleb." She grabbed the war bags, her lips in between her teeth.

"Right, thank you. I'm gonna talk to him tonight." Lucy twitched a smile, poking at her hands nervously.

She assisted Lopez with the gear, then left to change. Their shift had been over twenty minutes ago, though was stopped when Nolan pulled her aside.

**

"Hey, Lucy. Tim is worried," Nolan commented fixing his hair. Celina trotted behind him, a big smile on her face.

"So, I've just convinced Tim to go over to your house." Celina beamed another smile, her arms out for an embrace.

"Thanks, Celina." She hugged the woman, then left.

**

Lucy exited the women's room with a pair of dark blue jeans and an  orange top.

Tim gave a quick glance, then quickly walked away. Lucy dropped her shoulders, throwing her bag over her shoulder and exiting the building.

She arrived home, cleaning before Tim arrived. I hope he shows...

A knock at the door came a few seconds later, and Lucy immediately threw all the cloths under her sink. A vase beneath the sink must have broken as it cause a breaking sound to startled Tim.

"Lucy? I'm coming in!" Lucy panicked, her hair was in a disgusting bun, and she'd still been wearing what was now not so good if an outfit.

"Hey!" Lucy extended her 'y', turning on her heels as the door opened.

Tim waved his arms out, mouth opened.

"What happened?" He walked toward her, grabbing her arms gently. He rubbed at them, then let go. His face went blank, "sorry" he muttered.

"I broke a vase by accident, I didn't mean to scare you," she giggled.

Timothy walked toward the living room, rubbing his legs before settling on the sofa. Lucy joined him, placing a pillow on her lap.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the other night. I didn't mean for my words to come out the way they did. And the whole Ashley thing, I'm sorry about her too." Lucy curved her eyebrows, picking at her nails.

"You don't have to.." Tim was cut off.

"I do, I can't show you how sorry I am, I have to tell you." She reached for Tim's knee, squeezing it.

Tim sighed, keeping his eyes away from Lucy.

"I'm sorry for what I did. Sleeping with you, it wasn't right, and I'm sorry I used you like that. You were so willing to do anything and I just wanted the attention to be about me and you for a change. Not Chris, or Ashley, or Rosalind.." Lucy gave a short smile, her eyes watering.

"What I did to you was unfair, and I know it wasn't your idea to come over so you don't have to say anything. I just wanted to explain what happened so you know why I did it, even if it wasn't right." She commented.

"Thank you." Tim said.

"I can't help you with whatever struggles you're going through if you won't tell me, is there anything I can do about Chris, or Ashley? I'm not sure how much use I'll with Rosalind, but if you need me.."

Lucy began, "I know," she cried.

She got up, and Tim followed after her.

The two joined in a tight embrace, Lucy hanging at his neck. Tim slithered his hands around her waist, nuzzling his head into the nape of her neck. Lucy stood on her toes, whispering, "thanks for this," in his ear.

"I should go," Tim sighed. He led go of her, holding his hands at her hips for a moment.

"Yeah," she replied with a low voice, she wiped her tears, laughing as she removed her fingers from her eyes.

As Tim walked away, Lucy bit at her cheek. What would happen if I were to run after him?

Lucy didn't think on her actions, just watched him close the door.

Two hours passed, and the sun began to set. The sky was a gorgeous orange-yellow, and there were bird flying toward the horizon. She undid her bun, then made her way to the bedroom.

She entered the shower, the hot water hitting her back. The boiling water grazed against her skin, leaving red spots around her lower back and shoulders. After washing her hair, she grabbed the purple loofa from the shelf. Her soapy body stopped when it heard the sound of keys jingling. Tamara wasn't coming back until next week.

She washed her body off quickly, then exited the bathroom. She stood on her toes, careful to not let the plank of her bedroom floors creak.

"Lucy?"

No, no, no.

Lucy made her way to the closet, grabbing her phone in the way.

                                      T Bradford

Lucy: SOS